Drico Vs Sarries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

Drico Vs Sarries

Post by tate »

rated doubtful to out depending on your source.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 84204.html
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
maps
Knowledgeable

Re: Drico Vs Sarries

Post by maps »

Wouldn't have thought there was any chance of him making it. He should rest up over the November break and come back fresh and fit for the clermont double header
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

maps wrote:Wouldn't have thought there was any chance of him making it. He should rest up over the November break and come back fresh and fit for the clermont double header
Perhaps he should. But you know he will be flogged to death in Nov, same as always.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Yeah the discussion on Morning Ireland was along the lines of 'hopefully he'll be ready to lead Ireland out against South Africa'. b*%&!cks to that!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

We went away from home last season to a far tougher venue than Wembley to play a team every bit as good as Sarries with a McFadden/D'Arcy centre combination and still won.
I have Bumbleflex
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Dave Cahill wrote:We went away from home last season to a far tougher venue than Wembley to play a team every bit as good as Sarries with a McFadden/D'Arcy centre combination and still won.
Yeah agree with that. I for one am a whole lot more confident of our squad now than at the start of the season. With Leo due back and Hopefully Berne?? soon enough as well as Mclaughlin our squad now seems to be up to the task and with a great mix of experience and youth. The bench played a great role at the weekend and I am confident we have the squad to be Sarries even with out the mighty one!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Dave Cahill wrote:We went away from home last season to a far tougher venue than Wembley to play a team every bit as good as Sarries with a McFadden/D'Arcy centre combination and still won.
Fair point - but we've beaten those lads 5 times in a row ? I think Saracens in Wembley in the HEC is arguably as tough if not tougher as its a cup match vs a league match; and it's the pre-eminent competition. While personally I think FMcF deserves a start - might Joe consider Isa at 13? Don't recall him ever been used there but he's defensively rock solid, and attack wise he's not so bad either.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

he tweeted late yesterday evening and said he was hopeful he'd be fit for the match. It's just the papers tut tutting and saying he'll be out that long.

the results of the scan we due at lunch time today and the fact that he hasn't been ruled out yet is promising. i reckon come Friday evening there will be 3 names on the list of players whose fitness is being waited on; BOD, Cullen and probably still Sexton... should make it the most eagerly anticipated captains run in the IRFU's history!
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

slum wrote:he tweeted late yesterday evening and said he was hopeful he'd be fit for the match. It's just the papers tut tutting and saying he'll be out that long.

the results of the scan we due at lunch time today and the fact that he hasn't been ruled out yet is promising. i reckon come Friday evening there will be 3 names on the list of players whose fitness is being waited on; BOD, Cullen and probably still Sexton... should make it the most eagerly anticipated captains run in the IRFU's history!

Can't see BOD or Cullen making the game tbh. You can add Jenno to the 'maybe' list as well - "slight tear to a ligament" (whatever that means) apparently.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Definitely out! Leinster are due to make an announcement on the severity of the injury at around 3pm today
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

deco wrote:
slum wrote:he tweeted late yesterday evening and said he was hopeful he'd be fit for the match. It's just the papers tut tutting and saying he'll be out that long.

Can't see BOD or Cullen making the game tbh. You can add Jenno to the 'maybe' list as well - "slight tear to a ligament" (whatever that means) apparently.
BrianODriscoll wrote:More MRI's Coffin-like setup

via twiter 24 mins ago.

i'd say they can't find anything and now they're just trying to be thorough...
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I'd be very surprised if he was fit. As others have said though, we've done the job against tough opposition without him before. No reason why we couldn't do this on Saturday.

I wonder if Leo is a real possibility for the bench? That would be a big boost for us.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

Not as big a loss to Leinster as he would have been a few seasons ago. Dare I say it, but he's almost replaceable now.
I am the one who knocks!
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

RTE.ie Wrote:
O'Driscoll a doubt for Saracens encounter
Monday, 11 October 2010 14:29
Leinster coach Joe Schmidt has indicated that Leinster will be without Brian O'Driscoll for their Heineken Cup game against Saracens at Wembley on Saturday.

O'Driscoll picked up a hamstring injury during the second half of Leinster's 38-22 win over Racing-Métro 92 at the RDS on Saturday. The tear is said to be a grade one injury, which means the Ireland captain could be out of action for up to three weeks.

Should the injury prove to be a grade two tear, the second centre could face up to eight weeks on the sidelines.

Schmidt told The Irish Times: 'We don't know for sure but I don't think it's going to be as bad as we first feared.

'When I first saw him come off I thought it was four to six weeks straight away.

'He might only be out for two or three weeks, maybe four weeks, although this is still only an estimate at the moment. We'll do some more tests and get a clearer picture.'

O'Driscoll has undergone a scan on the injury and Leinster are expected to confirm the extent of the damage at a press conference at 3pm this afternoon.

If O'Driscoll's injury proves to be on the worse end of the scale the talismanic centre will also miss Leinster's upcoming Magners League ties. These matches include a clash against Connacht at The Sportsground on 23 October and an encounter with Edinburgh at the RDS the following week.

If the hangover of the injury rolls on into November then O'Driscoll's participation in the autumn international series will be thrown into doubt.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

desperado wrote:
Fair point - but we've beaten those lads 5 times in a row ? I think Saracens in Wembley in the HEC is arguably as tough if not tougher as its a cup match vs a league match; and it's the pre-eminent competition. While personally I think FMcF deserves a start - might Joe consider Isa at 13? Don't recall him ever been used there but he's defensively rock solid, and attack wise he's not so bad either.
What about Luke at centre with Isa switching wings and Shaggy back in?Or just straight in Mc Fadden...nice to have even back up options
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

ruck wrote:Not as big a loss to Leinster as he would have been a few seasons ago. Dare I say it, but he's almost replaceable now.

wash your mouth, say a decade of the rosary then come back and apologise
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

ruck wrote:Not as big a loss to Leinster as he would have been a few seasons ago. Dare I say it, but he's almost replaceable now.
Here fishy, fishy.
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

If only that were true!
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Isa at 12 and then D'arce at 13. Isa could be perfect for inside centre; huge tackler, great passer. It would give him the playmaker role he likes but without the kicking responsibility of out half. I'm sure McFadden will go well though, he always looks up for it and I'm sure he has been craving a big stage like this for a while.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Leinster Lout wrote:I know it won't happen but I'd love to see Isa at 12 and then D'arce at 13. Isa could be perfect for inside centre; huge tackler, great passer. It would give him the playmaker role he likes but without the kicking responsibility of out half. I'm sure McFadden will go well though, he always looks up for it and I'm sure he has been craving a big stage like this for a while.
I'd prefer to see Isa at 13 to be honest. D'Arcy doesn't have the physicality to defend the outside channels.
Then off our own ball we could have D'Arcy on the crash ball at 12 or Sexton looping around behind him to unleash Isa at 13.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!