Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Leinster’s record breaking victory over Munster in the Guinness Pro14 final. We preview the visit of RC Toulon to the RDS in the Heineken Champions Cup Round of 16 and take a look at the rest of the weekend’s fixtures.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

bluestalktv wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 12:30 am This week we take a look back at Leinster’s record breaking victory over Munster in the Guinness Pro14 final. We preview the visit of RC Toulon to the RDS in the Heineken Champions Cup Round of 16 and take a look at the rest of the weekend’s fixtures.
"Well the Brittish Government built Ulster a new stadium Dave."
"The Brittish Government would have built Munster a new stadium too if they weren't such rebels.!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Classic alternative history, DC style
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

"Billy b*%&!cks" cracked me up!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

:clap: :clap: "Tailors trousers, too loose and too long"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

And none of the predictions for today's game were correct. :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

nc6000 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:17 pm And none of the predictions for today's game were correct. :wink:
We are nothing if not consistant!

I just feel sorry for John, after what happened to his beloved Cardiff
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

That’s a nice looking Geetar in the background Dave
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:22 pm
nc6000 wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 11:17 pm And none of the predictions for today's game were correct. :wink:
We are nothing if not consistant!

I just feel sorry for John, after what happened to his beloved Cardiff
I wonder which game he would have watched live if ours hadn't been cancelled? :mullet 1:
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at a Leinster-less set of Round of 16 games in the Heineken Champions Cup before previewing our visit to Sandy Park to take on European Champions, Exeter.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Nice
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bluestalktv wrote: April 9th, 2021, 8:39 am This week we take a look back at a Leinster-less set of Round of 16 games in the Heineken Champions Cup before previewing our visit to Sandy Park to take on European Champions, Exeter.
One note on the ProAm12(give or take a couple) this season and its inability to prepare teams for the step up to Europe. It is the only one of the three leagues that requires crossing the borders of 5 (IRE, NI, WAL, SCO, IT), the past 12 months if anything has been utterly bizarre with national media in every country becoming somewhat xenophobic in its coverage of the pandemic.
No one was comfortable travelling. When the SAffers joined the league there was a lot of discussion around the journey time, flights and how it would effect the performance of visiting teams. I would imagine none of the players families were delighted with their partners heading to another country while the media was spending its time telling everyone how sh!t every other country was, on a game so dependent on physical dominance (human contact) and getting in the right headspace that has to take its toll.
Daniel Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Here lads, I reckon the algorithms behind the transcription box, that goes with sounder.fm could do with a couple of tweeks....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 1:04 pm Here lads, I reckon the algorithms behind the transcription box, that goes with sounder.fm could do with a couple of tweeks....
I just took a look there - Antoine Dupont is transcribed as 'without twenty pant'

:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week we take a look back at Leinster's quarter final victory away to Exeter, discuss the rest of the European action and the start of the Women's Six Nations.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

First time to watch the show on YouTube in a couple of years (normally pod), really enjoyed the zoom format felt like I was on a call with you. Almost joined in a couple of times.
I think JohnG and I had very different ideas of living with our mammies aged 20-22.
I'd be interested to hear you guys delve a little deeper into the womens professional rugby idea and the format of their competitions. One of the hosts on bbc rugby made a point that there shouldn't be a need for them to follow the mens 6N format which feels right to me when you see the likes of Spain and the US sitting so high up the ranking table. Any thoughts?
Daniel Sullivan
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Without crowds it makes a lot of sense for them to do their own thing. But there was a bit of buzz around travelling fans and even double-headers. Be a shame to lose that.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Peg Leg: "I think JohnG and I had very different ideas of living with our mammies aged 20-22." Was thinking that meself - #backinthedaze! LOL!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yeah I'm not so sure the "going out on their own" thing is a good idea. For me the best way forward, in a Six Nations context, is to have a "super weekend" event for want of a better term.
For example, Wales are coming over for a 6N game, they bring over both their senior and underage teams and we have a weekend festival of rugby. There are thousands of Welsh fans here for the weekend and they can go to the four games along with the Irish fans, the underage games could be a double header.
4 games on 3 days or just 2 days depending on TV. Other events could be held over the weekend to entertain the masses.
Make it a Festival of Rugby weekend instead of, what we have now, 3 seperate isolated games. Link them together, sell it as a package, take over Dublin for the weekend.
Two weeks later its the English or French weekend.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote: April 18th, 2021, 10:29 pm Yeah I'm not so sure the "going out on their own" thing is a good idea. For me the best way forward, in a Six Nations context, is to have a "super weekend" event for want of a better term.
For example, Wales are coming over for a 6N game, they bring over both their senior and underage teams and we have a weekend festival of rugby. There are thousands of Welsh fans here for the weekend and they can go to the four games along with the Irish fans, the underage games could be a double header.
4 games on 3 days or just 2 days depending on TV. Other events could be held over the weekend to entertain the masses.
Make it a Festival of Rugby weekend instead of, what we have now, 3 seperate isolated games. Link them together, sell it as a package, take over Dublin for the weekend.
Two weeks later its the English or French weekend.
Yeah that sounds like a great idea, but why should the women follow the same template as the men's game and only have the 6 nations playing in the Q1 comp? There is definitely a growth opportunity there and they should be able to focus on the markets most likely to help them grow the game and revenue opportunities. The rankings are currently:
1 New Zealand
2 England
3 Canada
4 United States
5 France
6 Spain
7 Ireland
8 Australia
9 South Africa
10 Netherlands
I would be looking to involve Canada, US, Spain, SA & Netherlands in some form of regular competition (could you imagine the latter two going head to head regularly? proper grudge match on the cards there).
Daniel Sullivan
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week Jason and Dave* preview Leinster's Rainbow Cup opener against Munster in the RDS and discuss the current focus on Women's Rugby in general and the Irish Women's team in particular

*John was on a tour of the Arms Park and getting his personalised new 'Cardiff Rugby' shirt