ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

Dave Cahill you are a bad bad man, you filthy trouble maker, i'm shocked
I am the one who knocks!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ruck wrote:Dave Cahill you are a bad bad man, you filthy trouble maker, i'm shocked
No you're not, you knew that already :P
I have Bumbleflex
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Letter from Robbie to anyone who'll read it

Post by Uncle Mort »

Letter to E.R.C. from Robbie - Supporters main man

Below is a copy of his recent letter to the ERC. To date, he has not yet received a reply:

Dear Mr. Corcoran,

I write in connection with the Heineken European Cup for the current season, 2005/6 and in particular to the semi-final venues.

I note that the quarter-finals will not be played for some six weeks yet and it is possible that Munster will not be involved in the semi-finals but it is possible that Leinster will be. I would like to bring the following to your attention at this time:

• Your competition rules state:

1(b) Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Final
(i) the Semi-Finals will be played at a venue designated by ERC, with the opponents in each match determined by a draw conducted by ERC. This draw has taken place and given us a home draw should we get though by beating Toulouse, in Toulouse. I do not have the temerity to suggest that Leinster will do this but they may. Speaking personally I am worried about the supply of green couloured, sweet alcoholic beverages in Toulouse but I am prepared to try Green Chartreuse if forced. This is my problem not yours.

Your website further states:

The semi-finals will be played on the weekend of 22-23 April at neutral venues with a capacity greater than 20,000 in the country of the team drawn at home. This of course means, should Leinster win Lansdowne Road, which is just down the road from Donnybrook and around the corner from the R.D.S which hands us a massive home advantage. For which I thank you. This makes getting the drums to the match from me Ma's much easier.

In 2003/4, Toulouse 's semi-final against Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque was played at Stade Chaban Delmas in Bordeaux as was Toulouse 's semi-final against Munster in the1999/2000 season.

However, in 2002/3, Toulouse 's semi-final against Munster was played in Stadium Municipal in Toulouse. This seems grossly unfair to Munster who are the best supported team anywhere ever. That you are not aware of this surprises me greatly. The car park at Stadium Municipal in Toulouse was barely big enough to park their bandwagon as the bays were marked in a herring bone pattern which necessitated a whip round to cover the excessive parking charges as it occupied so many bays.

I write to request that in the event of Toulouse and Munster both winning their respective quarter-final matches, that the recent precedent with regard to semi-finals in France involving Toulouse be followed and that the match be played at a neutral venue such as Thomond Park. Naturally we are very happy to play at Lansdowne Road.

I believe that a semi-final in Toulouse would not be a neutral venue and would be a major unfair advantage to Toulouse should they do well enough to overcome Leinster . I am sure that supporters of USAP would be of a similar opinion.

Due to the large numbers of fans which would travel to see Toulouse V's Munster , should both teams advance through their quarter-finals, I would strongly encourage the ERC to consider Thomond Park in Limerick for the venue. This would be easily accessible for both sets of supporters and I would be confident that a new attendance record for a Semi Final would be set. There is no reason for ERC to limit their possible revenue to 30,000 seater stadium when you know that Munster could fill Thomond Park and it is Stuart Barnes favourite ground and it looks so good on Sky TV. Also think of the adertising revenue as Munster don't have that silly French ban on Alcohol Adverts.

As you are aware, Munster have a very large support and, should Munster overcome USAP in their quarter-final, a large number will travel to the semi-final, wherever it might be held, but they do need to start putting a few pennies from their welfare cheques into the old teapot on top of the dresser to pay their fare on the old bandwagon. To avoid hardship this needs to be done now.

To assist their supporters, I request an early decision on the locations of the semi-finals. Last season, your announcement as to semi-final venues was not made until after the quarter-finals which left less than three weeks for supporters to organise and source travel arrangements. We know that we're heading to Lansdowne Road should we win but you're being mighty unfair to the mighty reds. Go on, go on, go on, let them play at Thomond Park, go on.

I can only anticipate that you have provisional plans for all possible permutations for the semi-final line-ups with venues for each eventuality. I request that you release this information as soon as possible, but in any event well before the quarter-finals to assist their mass ranks of loyal supporters. This information should be of assistance to all supporters of all teams remaining in the competition.

We would welcome your reply at your earliest convenience, but you know in all fairness that the only venue you can choose should Munster win is Thomond Park.

Yours faithfully

Robbie O'Connor
Champion of All Drinks Green
Leinster Rugby Supporter Clu
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

I'm crying laughing here Uncle Mort! Fantastic!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

:lol: :lol: Excellent Unlce Mort :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's UNCLE MORT by the way!! :wink:

:cry: Bang goes my secret identity :cry: