Ospreys takin 2500 tkts , at first .

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Ospreys takin 2500 tkts , at first .

Post by footrush »

The touts will have a field day : http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/3854.php . No restriction on the number they can buy ? , not to members only ? , licence to print money for every ticket tout with a UK address .
Flying wedge
dod
Knowledgeable

Re: Ospreys takin 2500 tkts , at first .

Post by dod »

where are the £10 tickets for..
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

footrush wrote:The touts will have a field day : http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/3854.php . No restriction on the number they can buy ? , not to members only ? , licence to print money for every ticket tout with a UK address .
err not sure if touts will make a killing on these, with the ash cloud restricting flights and their poor home support (of late) who says 000's will actually bother coming over?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

sheepshagger wrote:
footrush wrote:The touts will have a field day : http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/3854.php . No restriction on the number they can buy ? , not to members only ? , licence to print money for every ticket tout with a UK address .
err not sure if touts will make a killing on these, with the ash cloud restricting flights and their poor home support (of late) who says 000's will actually bother coming over?
Will be going over on the ferry to get some for my friends and family on friday , with a bit of luck . Doesn't sound like we will have many spares : http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 20&t=17983
Flying wedge
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

sheepshagger wrote:
Yes, but they'll sell them to Leinster fans on eBay...
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

dod wrote:where are the £10 tickets for..
Kids I would think
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

Is there any clever way we can get our hands on those tickets?

So typical of the Ospreys organisational skills and professionalism to have no restrictions like this- sure, they rarely 'know' :wink: :wink: when they've more than 15 players on the pitch :wink: :wink: or when a player is eligable :wink: :wink: or when they have enough props :wink: :wink:

Is there any clever plan? I don't want our boys to get fleeced due to Osprey incompetence.
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

footrush wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
Will be going over on the ferry to get some for my friends and family on friday , with a bit of luck . Doesn't sound like we will have many spares : http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 20&t=17983
You're nuts - there were plenty of tickets floating around for the Munster game, can't see it being that hard to pick up tickets for the final. I'll be surprised if they bring 2.5K fans.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'll be delighted if they brink 2.5K - enough to make a bit of an atmosphere. Though, to be honest, I'd much rather they got 4k.

I mean, they can't actually protest that an away final should be part of their already good value season ticket (which is going down in price for next year) can they?
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

fourthirtythree wrote:I'll be delighted if they brink 2.5K - enough to make a bit of an atmosphere. Though, to be honest, I'd much rather they got 4k.

I mean, they can't actually protest that an away final should be part of their already good value season ticket (which is going down in price for next year) can they?
They can, and will. They'll just add it to the list of complaints which include: 'the game's on the telly', 'it's too cold/warm/wet/dry/volcanic', 'it's not in the stadium I wanted', 'it's too far/near', 'tickets are too expensive/cheap', 'the team's too Swansea/Neath/MethyrTyddville orientated', 'my sunbed bills have risen this year', 'there's a recession on', 'need to buy some hair products first', 'we're only playing Leinster, who are they? -exactly', 'we've only 14 internationals starting', 'this match wasn't included, even though nobody could have known the team would play it, and it was explained to us when buying the season ticket'... blah blah blah.

The Welsh are partial to a moan- far worse than another neighbour of ours famed for complaining in Australia etc.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

fourthirtythree wrote:I'll be delighted if they brink 2.5K - enough to make a bit of an atmosphere. Though, to be honest, I'd much rather they got 4k.

Ah sure, let them sell their usual 7 tickets, we'll make our own atmosphere. :happy clapper:

Did you hear Jerry Collins, God love him and the others, played in the famous game where the crowd not only booed Leinster, and the traditional whistling and jeering our place-kicks, but also their own team after a while?

So a journalist asked Collins later 'do you feel you're letting your home support down with these performances?'

And Collins replied 'I don't think it's possible to let the home support down, as nobody comes to watch us play!'.

Fair comment after our visit- the Lions back for each side, and us visiting as European Champs- the Stadium of Echoes lived up to its name.
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

Sincero wrote:

They can, and will. They'll just add it to the list of complaints which include: 'the game's on the telly', 'it's too cold/warm/wet/dry/volcanic', 'it's not in the stadium I wanted', 'it's too far/near', 'tickets are too expensive/cheap', 'the team's too Swansea/Neath/MethyrTyddville orientated', 'my sunbed bills have risen this year', 'there's a recession on', 'need to buy some hair products first', 'we're only playing Leinster, who are they? -exactly', 'we've only 14 internationals starting', 'this match wasn't included, even though nobody could have known the team would play it, and it was explained to us when buying the season ticket'... blah blah blah.

The Welsh are partial to a moan- far worse than another neighbour of ours famed for complaining in Australia etc.
Good rant! :clap: All very true too!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

All our neighbours are partial to a moan...

We of course never see any slights aimed at us unfairly by external events or commentators. Not at all.