BOD's Injury

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

BOD's Injury

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Does any one know if Bod will be ok for Wales match? He seemed to take a bit of a bang and i also heard someone say that if u get concused it is a mandatory rule to be rested 4 for 3 weeks.
brian_c
Mullet

Re: BOD's Injury

Post by brian_c »

I'd be more worried about Paul O'Connell's knee.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
whynot
Beginner

Post by whynot »

brian_c wrote:I'd be more worried about Paul O'Connell's knee.
i agree
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

He was walking on the pitch after the game, he looked ok.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Very careful use of the word (IIRC) "stunned" by Kidney in the post match interview... Jayzuz you'd want him testifying for you in court, no barrister could twist his words.

I expect he won't wait out 3 weeks.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

fourthirtythree wrote:Very careful use of the word (IIRC) "stunned" by Kidney in the post match interview... Jayzuz you'd want him testifying for you in court, no barrister could twist his words.

I expect he won't wait out 3 weeks.
The replays did not seem to show that he has been knocked out, and he was on the pitch at the end - lets face it, BOD is made of tough stuff, and it would take more than a stray Munster knee to stop him!!
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Hopefully he's out for the rest of the 6 nations and then back for the important leinster games
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Isn't BOD's next game his 100th cap for Ireland? Or does that include the 6 Lions caps?
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

I wondered if they deliberately sent him out onto the pitch at the end of the match to ensure they weren't forced into the mandatory three week lay off. At least by getting him out there where everyone saw him it gives them time to get him home and assessed before they need to make a final decision.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

brian_c wrote:Isn't BOD's next game his 100th cap for Ireland? Or does that include the 6 Lions caps?
BO'D was the first Irish player to reach 100 test caps, against South Africa I believe, but his next Irish cap will be his 100th Irish cap. Personally, as a precaution, regardless of how amazingly fit he might be, I hope he doesn't play another 6 nations game and is rested for the resumption of Leinsters season.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Clermont
Knowledgeable

Post by Clermont »

[Jackass] wrote:
brian_c wrote:Isn't BOD's next game his 100th cap for Ireland? Or does that include the 6 Lions caps?
BO'D was the first Irish player to reach 100 test caps, against South Africa I believe, but his next Irish cap will be his 100th Irish cap. Personally, as a precaution, regardless of how amazingly fit he might be, I hope he doesn't play another 6 nations game and is rested for the resumption of Leinsters season.
+1
Priorities here people, and the main priority is the Clermont game.
Victor Costello – Callsign “Burger” – Turns In His Wings: One Of You Two Jokers Is Going To Top Gun, The Other Is Flying Rubber Dogshit Out of Hong Kong
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

I;d agree 100% with that, although stopping BOD pulling on a green shirt wont be easy!....We've Wales and Scotland to come and neither will be a walk in the park so i'd like ALL the Leinster players watching from the stands!, fully fit of course, but sitting it out - selfish I know!!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

What a load of sh!t. How the hell can people want him to not play for Ireland? Utter nonsense.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Danthefan wrote:What a load of sh!t. How the hell can people want him to not play for Ireland? Utter nonsense.

Club or Country again - we've lost the Grand Slam, and France look likely to take it, or at least the Championship, so i'd rather see our players fresh and ready for our retention of the HC, then being knackered playing against Wales or Scotland....guess you dont agree!! :oops:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Nah! I'll take another tripple crown. Meaningless now only because we have so many.
France are nailed on for the championship. Imagine if Engerland lose to Scotland and then thump the French in Paris.
Carlesberg don't do 6Nations........
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

He has to complete some psychometric tests today. They then compare the results with the same tests he did at the start of the season. If the results are comparable, he's cleared to play.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:Nah! I'll take another tripple crown. Meaningless now only because we have so many.
France are nailed on for the championship. Imagine if Engerland lose to Scotland and then thump the French in Paris.
Carlesberg don't do 6Nations........

Mayhap i've given up too soon......Triple Crown, hummm......we are the only ones that can win it now....
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Danthefan wrote:What a load of sh!t. How the hell can people want him to not play for Ireland? Utter nonsense.
What with concussion being a brain injury that can be seriously aggravated by additional injury before it's fully healed, I can understand why people might be willing to see O'Driscoll sitting out 2 relatively easy home games and rather than risking his career.
Shane
Graduate

Post by Shane »

Without a shadow of a doubt, it was concussion. When he was sat up, his eyes were very spacey and he looked very confused. Exactly the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago - caught a knee in the side of the head from one of my own guys when i was getting up from a ruck. Band, flashing stars and i didnt know where i was or how to get home. I ended up walking round the pitch aimlessly until someone asked where i was going - i dont know, i replied. :oops:

I think him coming onto the pitch at the end of the game was a clever tactic to show he is ok, and try stave off any intense scrutiny about concussion. I read something similar in Gavin Henson's (dont hate me!) book, where he recalls times where players are told to come off the pitch holding their shoulders etc to try make out its an injury other than a concussion, and avoid the manditory lay off.

Hope to god he is back for the rest of the Ireland games.
Forwards win games. Backs decide by how much.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Must have been concussed, he gets up and collapses 3 times immediately after the contact! I'm sure his appearance at the end of the game was a diversionary tactic.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan