Leinster v Brive

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Felipe-fan09
Bookworm

Leinster v Brive

Post by Felipe-fan09 »

Don't get me wrong, i am as disappointed and sore as every other leinster fan. But going on about yesterday wont change anything and it wont make anyone feel better. So lets look ahead to next week for hopefully some sort of leinster revival.( and a win)
Bones
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Brive

Post by Bones »

Felipe-fan09 wrote:Don't get me wrong, i am as disappointed and sore as the every other leinster fan. But going on about yesterday wont change anything and it wont make anyone feel better. So lets look ahead to next week for hopefully some sort of leinster revival.( and a win)
We have to come away with 4 points or every remaining game becomes a must win with a bonus point.

Anyone know how serious Stan's injury is?
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Bones wrote:
Felipe-fan09 wrote:Don't get me wrong, i am as disappointed and sore as the every other leinster fan. But going on about yesterday wont change anything and it wont make anyone feel better. So lets look ahead to next week for hopefully some sort of leinster revival.( and a win)
We have to come away with 4 points or every remaining game becomes a must win with a bonus point.

Saw him at the game yesterday, still in a sling.
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

Danthefan wrote:
Bones wrote:

Oh great.
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

Brive are no joke,The have already had a draw with Clermont who are very good and havent been going to bad.

Although there results have been slowly getting worse,a couple of matches ago they beat Castres by 6 points at home and they were hammered 44-16 by stade in their last match.

French teams dont lose at home very often,will be a tough ask.
Munster V Leinster 2009-Stuart Barnes
The odds are on the men in red but there is genius in the blue team.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

If we don't win next week, we're effectively out of the competition. It's that simple. London Irish will comfortably beat the Scarlets twice and should be capable of doing a double on Brive as well.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Homer
Bookworm

Post by Homer »

I would pick the following team;

15. Rob
14. Shaggy
13. BOD
12. Darce
11. Luke
10. Johnny
9. Reddan
8. Jamie
7. Shane
6. Hines (We will need the muscle and lineout option)
5. Mal
4. Leo
3. Ross (presume Stan won't be fit)
2. Fogs
1. Healy

16. Birch 17. Mucker 18. CJ 19. McLaughlin 20. O'Brien 21. Keogh 22. McFadden 23. Isa

Tough on Isa I know but would be a better impact sub than rob. Going to be physical in Brive we will neet to match them. Going to be very hard but we have to step up to mark. We are the current CHAMPIONS!!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Not a bad shout with Hines at 6. I know KMcL has had a great opening to the season but you get the feeling that last night was the sort of match where Rocky would have just taken the game by the scruff and said "Right boys, enough of this sh!t, heads down and we're winning this" before proceeding to win the game dragging the other players with him. Hines in the back row wouldn't offer that dynamism but he may give a 'not a backward step' type of contribution which KMcL doesn't have in him yet. MOK coming in to work the lineout is no bad thing either.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Danthefan wrote:
Bones wrote:Anyone know how serious Stan's injury is?
It's funny that he's in a sling now - I wonder did he actually get injured in training rather than in the game because he drove himself home from the match and there was no sign of a sling.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Xanthippe wrote:
Danthefan wrote:
Bones wrote:Anyone know how serious Stan's injury is?
It's funny that he's in a sling now - I wonder did he actually get injured in training rather than in the game because he drove himself home from the match and there was no sign of a sling.
probably didn't get to hospital for scans etc until the next day, and that's when he was told to rest it...
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

tackle-bag wrote:If we don't win next week, we're effectively out of the competition. It's that simple. London Irish will comfortably beat the Scarlets twice and should be capable of doing a double on Brive as well.
Jeez!! Panic much?! Remembeer Castres and Wasps last season? They were two losses and we still went on to WIN!!! Do you not remember these things?! Less panic more BELIEF!!!
Xanthippe wrote:It's funny that he's in a sling now - I wonder did he actually get injured in training rather than in the game because he drove himself home from the match and there was no sign of a sling.
LOL That came out really stalkerish! He drove home eh? let himself in, opened a bottle of wine, view was blocked by a tree for a while but then you saw he made some pasta...watched a flick!?
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

tackle-bag wrote:If we don't win next week, we're effectively out of the competition. It's that simple. London Irish will comfortably beat the Scarlets twice and should be capable of doing a double on Brive as well.
Are we not capable of beating Scarlets and Brive twice? We wont be so laissez faire against LI again either. Personally I think losing at home to a strong GP side is exactly the kind of wake up call we need. It shows us there's no easy early days in this competition and we need to give each match 100%
Depending on BPs, we can still easily top the group
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

gfo wrote:
Are we not capable of beating Scarlets and Brive twice? We wont be so laissez faire against LI again either. Personally I think losing at home to a strong GP side is exactly the kind of wake up call we need. It shows us there's no easy early days in this competition and we need to give each match 100%
Don't know about the easily bit but it's far to early to be panicing just yet. Those of us heading over to Brive, we've got to believe that our boys will do the job.

Allez Les Bleues!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

gfo wrote:
We are capable, will we actually do it though? I doubt it.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Skinfull wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:It's funny that he's in a sling now - I wonder did he actually get injured in training rather than in the game because he drove himself home from the match and there was no sign of a sling.
LOL That came out really stalkerish! He drove home eh? let himself in, opened a bottle of wine, view was blocked by a tree for a while but then you saw he made some pasta...watched a flick!?
Reading it again now I see what you mean!!

In actual fact we were stuck in traffic on Simmonscourt Road and he was in a line of traffic going the opposite direction. Half expected that he would just stare out the window and pretend not to see anyone but he waved hello to us - he's a true legend.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
cabgirls19
Learner

Post by cabgirls19 »

hello Im a fans from Brive . For us it's the same like you become if we don't win ...nous sommes dehors..this match is very important here and we are waiting for it since a long time since we know the calendar of the H cup. have a good match on Brive I hope you will love our city . see you soon maybe...
go go BRIVE. still in my heart...
j'ai 3 amours, mon pays et Paris ...et BRIVE
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Skinfull wrote:
Jeez!! Panic much?! Remembeer Castres and Wasps last season? They were two losses and we still went on to WIN!!! Do you not remember these things?! Less panic more BELIEF!!!
No team has lost their first two games and progressed out of the group. The statement is bang on.

Looking at Brives form in the TOP 14;

15 Aug, 19:35 CA Brive 30 - 9 Montpellier RC
22 Aug, 15:00 Toulouse 38 - 0 CA Brive
28 Aug, 18:00 CA Brive 9 - 9 Clermont Auvergne
2 Sep, 19:30 Perpignan 21 - 9 CA Brive
6 Sep, 14:00 CA Brive 39 - 6 Sporting club Albigeois
12 Sep, 13:30 Montauban TG15 23 - 20 CA Brive
19 Sep, 15:25 CA Brive 12 - 15 Biarritz Olympique
25 Sep, 19:35 CA Brive 11 - 9 Castres
2 Oct, 19:45 Stade Francais 44 - 16 CA Brive

They have played 5 games at home and won three of them. Two of those were against minnows in the league. An early draw against Clermont (currently top of league) and a tight win over Castres (current second in league) would be the highlights.

It looks like they are fragile, but if you give them something to play for they could well beat you up.
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

We have the players to do it . If everything clicks on the night then we will be ok
Still everything to play for and we will be better with every additional match with the full team involved
johnmcg
Bookworm

Post by johnmcg »

There was someone on either this forum or boards.ie who had lived in Brive and recommended some good pubs, anyone remember where was mentioned? Although I can't imagine you'd have to do too much exploring to find them in a place the size of Brive. Looking forward to the trip......not the 06:10 flight.
Shane
Graduate

Post by Shane »

Logorrhea wrote:
Skinfull wrote:
No team has lost their first two games and progressed out of the group. The statement is bang on.

Looking at Brives form in the TOP 14;

15 Aug, 19:35 CA Brive 30 - 9 Montpellier RC
22 Aug, 15:00 Toulouse 38 - 0 CA Brive
28 Aug, 18:00 CA Brive 9 - 9 Clermont Auvergne
2 Sep, 19:30 Perpignan 21 - 9 CA Brive
6 Sep, 14:00 CA Brive 39 - 6 Sporting club Albigeois
12 Sep, 13:30 Montauban TG15 23 - 20 CA Brive
19 Sep, 15:25 CA Brive 12 - 15 Biarritz Olympique
25 Sep, 19:35 CA Brive 11 - 9 Castres
2 Oct, 19:45 Stade Francais 44 - 16 CA Brive

They have played 5 games at home and won three of them. Two of those were against minnows in the league. An early draw against Clermont (currently top of league) and a tight win over Castres (current second in league) would be the highlights.

It looks like they are fragile, but if you give them something to play for they could well beat you up.
They werent playing against BOD , Luke, Rob and Darce though. Just hope the lads keep their heads and build scores gradually and not repeat the world cup mentality of - we need 4 tries in the first half, panic stations.
Forwards win games. Backs decide by how much.