My Day Today *Now With Photos*

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

My Day Today *Now With Photos*

Post by simonno6 »

And so the day had finally arrived. The culmination of a throwaway line that gathered momentum into a charity tattoo.

I woke at 12, ready to collect the final 20 euro off a friend to complete the tattoo portion of the fundraising. From there, i met up with another friend and we trooped up to the third floor of Snakebite, on middle abbey street.

As we approached reception, we were to encounter the first of two inconveniences that the day held in store. It emerged that there had been a feck up with my 1.30 appointment time, and the only available slot of the day was at 5.30.

Another friend joined us as we got down to discussing the size, layout etc... They printed out AJB's design and placed it on the table. This is the moment we encountered the second problem of the day. They explained to me that the size I wished to have done would result in the e's, o's, b's etc in the lettering closing over after 6 months and that there would also be inking issues with the scroll that was on the top and bottom of the design. The compromises I would have had to make to use the design would have been too much, and would have basically made it look cr@p.

So we re-assessed and decided to go with the Leinster Rugby logo, with HEC written at the top and Champions 2009 at the bottom. We also decided to curve the leinster rugby logo slightly to kind of round the image off a bit better.

We had time to kill and frittered it away playing 18 holes of Tiger Woods 2009 and grabbing a sambo, returning refreshed and re-energised.

After a brief wait, I was led to the tattooing room and after shaving my hammy and sanitising it, Robert (German i think) got down to business. Let me clear up a common myth - tattoos really aren't that painful, bit of a sting but not too bad. 45 minutes later, with regular photo breaks, i had survived and now permanantly sport the Leinster crest! They clingfilmed me up and sent me on my merry way with nappy rash cream (its what they use apparantly!) and all the relevant aftercare info.

Its quite bloody at the moment and will be for the next two days so theres no real finished product yet - I have some decent photos of the stages of it which I will be posting tonight, after i find my photo uploader thingy. The sensation i feel on my leg now is very similar to moderate sunburn, so its not too bad.

The tat looks great from what i can see of it so far, but looking forward to having it cleaned up properly and ready to show off!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to the mycharity page (donations still open - see my signature for link).

For the sake of transparency, here is how I raised the 140 it cost in the end for the tattoo.

Lorcan Kavanagh - 50 euro
Rob Keogh - 20 euro
Kerry & Orla - 20 euro
Jackass - 20 euro
David Cooney - 10 euro
Paul O'Connor - 10 euro
Philip Corcoran - 10 euro.

I'd like to thank AJB for whipping up a great image. Its a pity we couldnt use it in the end but there was nothing we could do about it :-(.

Thanks guys and stay posted for pics! *SCROLL DOWN FOR PHOTOS*
Last edited by simonno6 on June 29th, 2009, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: My Day Today

Post by RoboProp »

Pity you couldn't use one of AJB top notch designs, but it sounds very good all the same. Fair play to you for soldiering on, a man of your word well done!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
monica1
Bookworm

Post by monica1 »

Well done my man look forward to seen the finished product. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

:green clap: Fair play Simon!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Livestrong7
Bookworm

Post by Livestrong7 »

Simo, well done..a true lunatic.
'I've played for this team for ten years some guys for 11 or 12 and I've loved every minute of it...It was worth the wait. I love Leinster and i couldn't have won it with a better bunch of players' Brian O'Driscoll.
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

Well done Simon :clap: :clap: :clap: 8)
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: My Day Today *Now With Photos*

Post by gfo »

go on, you mad b$&%@#d! and well done to everyone who donated. i'll try to donate when i get some funds together
leinsterlank
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterlank »

Looks quality corci, well done mate. I definately dont think you'll regret it mate!! I cant wait to see it, although I may be waiting a long long time!!great work! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
"It feels great. I've played for the team for 10 years and it was worth the wait. I love Leinster and I wanted to do it before the end of my career."

- BOD, Heineken Cup and Grand Slam Winner 2009
holyschmoke
Beginner

Post by holyschmoke »

fair play for going ahead with it - it looks great! :happy clapper:
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

You mentalist.

Love it.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

fair play to you sir......got to say that it looks like it 'ought' to hurt more than a sunburn...when we win next year will you edit it??!! btw, how much did you raise?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

simonno6 wrote:
I woke at 12...
Feckin students.
Get in the f%~king bag.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

hey, he might just be unemployed...
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

student until the end of may, now just unemployed :-)
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

mikey wrote:fair play to you sir......got to say that it looks like it 'ought' to hurt more than a sunburn...when we win next year will you edit it??!! btw, how much did you raise?
I was thinking of adding a star for every year we win it from now on, there will have to be some form of addition when we win it again.

Raised 710 so far on the mycharity.ie site (which goes straight to Barretstown) and then the 140 to pay for the tattoo.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Well done, simonno. :clap:
monica1
Bookworm

Post by monica1 »