Niall Kiely

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Re: Niall Kiely

Post by Theleinsterlad »

curates_egg wrote:
suisse wrote:Shitty paper with a cr@p foriegn desk.
That may true, but it is the best/only foreign desk in Ireland...or the only Irish print media that still hires foreign correspondents at any rate.

One of my many, but top, pet hates with the turnips is when the moan about D4 media bias though. What utter tosh.

I do presume that when you say the word turnips you mean the southern based turnips and not those that inhabit the other 11 counties that are true blues as well? :)
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
suisse wrote:Shitty paper with a cr@p foriegn desk.
That may true, but it is the best/only foreign desk in Ireland...or the only Irish print media that still hires foreign correspondents at any rate.

One of my many, but top, pet hates with the turnips is when the moan about D4 media bias though. What utter tosh.

I do presume that when you say the word turnips you mean the southern based turnips and not those that inhabit the other 11 counties that are true blues as well? :)
turnips are from turnipistan, our fellow blue brothers from the other 11 counties are fancy dan posers like the rest of us!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I hope Niall was watching yesterday. 4 stars baby.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

11 years since this beauty was written!

Would love Niall to do a 'where are they now' article. :lol:
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

This still makes me smile. I mean smirk.

“Importing instant-fix, High Veldt muscle isn’t going to provide either a medium or long-term solution”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Haha yes that line in particular did NOT age well :lol:
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote:11 years since this beauty was written!

I was just thinking about this article yesterday – Ruaidhri O'Connor had a link to it in one of his Twitter posts. It is a great testament to how over-confident and smug the Munster fans were before that game. Also good of Niall to confirm himself in writing as a prize bellend. He'll always have that.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

hugonaut wrote:

I was just thinking about this article yesterday – Ruaidhri O'Connor had a link to it in one of his Twitter posts. It is a great testament to how over-confident and smug the Munster fans were before that game. Also good of Niall to confirm himself in writing as a prize bellend. He'll always have that.
Seem to recall he confirmed it again a few weeks later.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

where is he now?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

He is...I sh!t you not...a communications consultant.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote:He is...I sh!t you not...a communications consultant.
Jaysis wept
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

cormac wrote:
hugonaut wrote:

Seem to recall he confirmed it again a few weeks later.
Did he? How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

He wrote an article self-styled as an 'I got it wrong' a few weeks later, but was extremely passive-aggressive and bitter in tone and essentially admitted nothing, making himself look worse.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

neiliog93 wrote:He wrote an article self-styled as an 'I got it wrong' a few weeks later, but was extremely passive-aggressive and bitter in tone and essentially admitted nothing, making himself look worse.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gettin ... 8?mode=amp
Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This gobshite is mentioned and quoted far too many times on here.
He is of the past, the long past in sporting terms. He was merely a symptom of a runaway bandwagon.
There were 50,000 Niall Kiely's in Croke Park that day, hope they all enjoyed it.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

FLIP wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:He wrote an article self-styled as an 'I got it wrong' a few weeks later, but was extremely passive-aggressive and bitter in tone and essentially admitted nothing, making himself look worse.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gettin ... 8?mode=amp
Somewhere in the far east Suisse is choking on a meal at the thought of that 'prose' rearing its ugly head again.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote:This gobshite is mentioned and quoted far too many times on here.
He is of the past, the long past in sporting terms. He was merely a symptom of a runaway bandwagon.
There were 50,000 Niall Kiely's in Croke Park that day, hope they all enjoyed it.
About half that for the final whistle.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Kiely’s article was the embodiment of a pervasive, nasty, snide and demeaning attitude towards Leinster rugby and its supporters that was enthusiastically fostered by elements of the Irish sport media in the early noughties. The article combined with the match result ensured that the day was one of the most satisfying days of my life especially as my wife and I had our Final match tickets, flights and accommodation for Edinburgh sorted before the game. What a day that was!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

JohnB wrote:Kiely’s article was the embodiment of a pervasive, nasty, snide and demeaning attitude towards Leinster rugby and its supporters that was enthusiastically fostered by elements of the Irish sport media in the early noughties. The article combined with the match result ensured that the day was one of the most satisfying days of my life especially as my wife and I had our Final match tickets, flights and accommodation for Edinburgh sorted before the game. What a day that was!
Your first sentence describes the then prevailing attitude towards Leinster and its fans perfectly and succinctly. It was such a cathartic day, a real payback for all the years of snideness and inverted snobbery.