Moving the game to the Sunday. .

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Moving the game to the Sunday. .

Post by sheepshagger »

As anyone else heard this strange rumour that the game might be moved to the Sunday?. . .have put something up for Mr Breen and await his reply. .
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

I've only heard it mention on here. I'd be surprised considering the tickets have been isssued. I'm glad I'm coming back on Monday now, less to worry about
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Don't really mind either - flight is booked for the Monday and I'd almost prefer the Friday night and all day Saturday to go on the lash (oops - I mean sight-seeing) and go to the game on Sunday instead of arriving on Friday eevning, going to the game on Saturday with the VERY SLIGHT possibility of spending Sunday moping around sorrowfully*

*This will never happen because we're going to win. 8)
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Leinsterman wrote:Don't really mind either - flight is booked for the Monday and I'd almost prefer the Friday night and all day Saturday to go on the lash (oops - I mean sight-seeing) and go to the game on Sunday instead of arriving on Friday eevning, going to the game on Saturday with the VERY SLIGHT possibility of spending Sunday moping around sorrowfully*

Can't see them changing it. Was thinking about the Biarritz game for the Sunday. Any idea how long it'd take to get there?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Wow i was just about to book my flights for 12am on the Sunday when I saw this. I cant see it being changed. TV has it sorted, tickets printed and flights booked(nearly) It would create caos if it happened
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

I think the rumour styarted with the comment posted in the "Translator Required" thread. It would seem that it was just a bit of French humour. He was worried that the French fans would play a few pranks on us on April 1st.
MadMax.

Post by MadMax. »

harryp wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Don't really mind either - flight is booked for the Monday and I'd almost prefer the Friday night and all day Saturday to go on the lash (oops - I mean sight-seeing) and go to the game on Sunday instead of arriving on Friday eevning, going to the game on Saturday with the VERY SLIGHT possibility of spending Sunday moping around sorrowfully*

Can't see them changing it. Was thinking about the Biarritz game for the Sunday. Any idea how long it'd take to get there?
It is about a 300km drive to Biarritz.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

MadMax. wrote:
harryp wrote:

It is about a 300km drive to Biarritz.
Couldn't be that far. They are both around the Pyrennes.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

Are they not holding the game in San Sebastien?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

conman wrote:Are they not holding the game in San Sebastien?
Don't know, haven't looked in a few weeks. Its an Evening Kick off though.

Any idea where St. Denis is?
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Breener has said on the deadsite that there is absolutely no truth to the rumour that the game's on a Sunday.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

No. It's not in San Sebastien according to ERC website.

Is St. Denis not where the the Stade de France is?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

conman wrote:No. It's not in San Sebastien according to ERC website.

Is St. Denis not where the the Stade de France is?
Thought that. Was looking at WC fixtures last night. Our games are all over the shop. Bordeaux, Paris & Cardiff over 3 weeks. Very few other games in any city, before the knockouts.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
conman
Knowledgeable

Post by conman »

Well with France in our group. they will be playing their home games in SdF. Find an apartment to rent in the Bordeaux area for a couple of weeks and base yourselves out of there, I'd say that would be the best option. Either that or rent a campervan and drive everywhere. It could well work out cheaper.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

conman wrote:Well with France in our group. they will be playing their home games in SdF. Find an apartment to rent in the Bordeaux area for a couple of weeks and base yourselves out of there, I'd say that would be the best option. Either that or rent a campervan and drive everywhere. It could well work out cheaper.
Neither would really work. 3 week trip for 3 games, excl the 1st 2 matches, and assuming we make the QF. No other decent games in Paris in the 2 weeks we're there. Best games will be the QF's and we'll probably be stuck in Cardiff, with the party in Marseille. Tough one.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Yep - sounds like a misunderstanding/early April Fools Joke. . . .

Am keen to head to the game on the Sunday. . .guess it may be worth having a look at transport options. . . .
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sheepshagger wrote:Yep - sounds like a misunderstanding/early April Fools Joke. . . .

Am keen to head to the game on the Sunday. . .guess it may be worth having a look at transport options. . . .
Here, we had a discussion with a Turnipstani the other day here - he was saying that you couldn't call a male sheep a sheep. What do you reckon?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

sheepshagger wrote:Yep - sounds like a misunderstanding/early April Fools Joke. . . .

Rent a mini bus & driver? No point in even trying to convince someone to drive.

Kick off is at 6. Venue TBA.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys