Where is the Team?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RichieL
Beginner

Where is the Team?

Post by RichieL »

Hello m a newbie to this forum but after last night debacle i just had to put my thoughts down somewhere,i mean for god sake where is the team spirit the leaders , the passion?Is there really a desire to win a H Cup (as it is known?!)i hate doing it but i have to keep comparing our incredibly loose play to munster why can we not have a belief in our play why can we not think as one unit and control play at the breakdown what did cheika say at half time to do where did he see our strength for the only player that looked like doing anything decent was Kearney is Cj van der Linde that much of a loss for our scrum for as i saw it we were playing one of the worst packs in Europe and they nearly got a penalty try due to our mistake...Drico top try scorer of turnament cannot do it all himself,dempsey to be side lined,sexton have big doubts about him physically and mentally kicking wasn't terrible,elsom not firing,Nacewa i think was asked to so alot considering his absence from the "team".

can you train team spirit?Wil we ever have the doggedness of munster?Ican tell you know that Munster would never go down without a fight,

Where is the team?

concerned ,
Richie :twisted:
velvitjester
Graduate

Re: Where is the Team?

Post by velvitjester »

Bit of punctuation wouldnt go a miss.

We dont have a good scrum on a good day and the loss of CJ meant that Stan had to change side to accomodate healy,the result is they both got mullered.So they clearly do have a good pack because they made shite of us.French teams seem to take the scrum alot more serious,watch Munster get a belting again by Clermont in the scrum today.

As for the passion,I dont know but Cheika and Gaffney need to go ASAP.

As for Munster passion and heart,I couldnt give a sh!t what those w&%kers do.If you want to wax lyrical about their heart and passion then go to munsterfans.I like every fan is sick to the teeth hearning about them.
Munster V Leinster 2009-Stuart Barnes
The odds are on the men in red but there is genius in the blue team.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

velvitjester wrote:Bit of punctuation wouldnt go a miss.
If you're going to criticise someone's punctuation you should try to spell amiss correctly. :) :)
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

But you're right about the scrum. It's been very disappointing this season.

As for all that passion media w@nk - that's all it is. I'd more like to see Leinster play with their intelligence, and play the ref with their skill, something they failed to do last week while losing in France as well , but in general it is their greatest strength.

(wrote today rather than this season by mistake)
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

You are probably one of the most unbelievable posters anyone has ever come across on any thread on any forum worldwide.

And I dont mean unbelievable in the sense of 'Jonno's try last night was unbelievable' - More in the sense like when you get in a fight with your girlfriend and she storms off muttering 'Unbelievable' under her breath.

As for the team, God only knows what we can do. The breakdown was truly embarrassing last night, I think dtf mentioned 15 turnovers on another thread. I feel a sense of vulnerability for the team now. A few weeks back I thought that Leinster had a chance of beating any team out there. Now I just don't know... Playing like that, we will lose to Edinburgh at home, never mind Wasps away.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

Quite an apt welcome to this forum methinks :wink: :lol:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

The whole passion and pride thing isn't bullshit. Its the most basic element of any rugby team and Leinster don't have it. Half the side looked disinterested last night and couldn't give a damn as long as they big up their pay cheque. There was no fight, no wanting to play for the jersey, to play or the fans evident in that performance. Nothing strange though, we've seen year after year after year
Last edited by thecoolfreak on December 13th, 2008, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

simonno6 wrote:
You are probably one of the most unbelievable posters anyone has ever come across on any thread on any forum worldwide.

And I dont mean unbelievable in the sense of 'Jonno's try last night was unbelievable' - More in the sense like when you get in a fight with your girlfriend and she storms off muttering 'Unbelievable' under her breath.

As for the team, God only knows what we can do. The breakdown was truly embarrassing last night, I think dtf mentioned 15 turnovers on another thread. I feel a sense of vulnerability for the team now. A few weeks back I thought that Leinster had a chance of beating any team out there. Now I just don't know... Playing like that, we will lose to Edinburgh at home, never mind Wasps away.
Mate,regardless of what you think my spelling is like.I still write things that can be read.His bloody post was barely readable.

As for you,you are probably **Edited by Mod** I have ever come come across on any forum.Any oppertunity you get,you try to get a rise out of me.You obviously have nothing better to do.
fourthirtythree wrote:
If you're going to criticise someone's punctuation you should try to spell amiss correctly. :) :)
Can be spelt both ways. :mrgreen:
thecoolfreak wrote:The whole passion and pride thing isn't bullshit. Its the most basic element of any rugby team and Leinster don't have it. Have the side looked disinterested last night and couldn't give a damn as long as they big up their pay cheque. There was no fight, no wanting to play for the jersey, to play or the fans evident in that performance. Nothing strange though, we've seen year after year after year

Spot on.The thing is though that its shoved down our necks by every journalist and Munster fan.Im sick of hearing it.As im sure are you.If they dont have passion then they should be shipped out.This is the downside to buying players like Elsom.Im not singling him out but if he is only here for a year,then by the time he starts to get into the grove,he is gone again.
RichieL
Beginner

Post by RichieL »

velvitjester wrote:velvitjester wrote:Bit of punctuation wouldnt go a miss.
Well as much as i appreciate your lesson in punctuation,all i wanted to get across was my annoyance at the teams performance, didn't think i would have to spell it out perfectly for you to understand.So in future I'll use more full stops and not express any of the passion that people like you seem to drain out of the world...Also is there really a need to abuse people on the forum for their opinions?
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

RichieL wrote:
Well as much as i appreciate your lesson in punctuation,all i wanted to get across was my annoyance at the teams performance, didn't think i would have to spell it out perfectly for you to understand.So in future I'll use more full stops and not express any of the passion that people like you seem to drain out of the world...Also is there really a need to abuse people on the forum for their opinions?
Welcome to the wonderful world of leinsterfans.com a.k.a. pedants-R-us :lol:

I find that it's best not to take things too seriously around here....
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

RichieL wrote:
I was only pointing it out,there are others on here that will say alot worse than I did about it.Such as simonno6,who im sure had he seen it before me would have had to say something about it.

As for abusing others,well theres a bit of history in that tbh.If their opinions are having sly digs at me then I will always fight back,A bit unlike our Leinster team eh.

As for the pride issue,im just sick to the teeth with hearing about it,no offence meant.
Last edited by velvitjester on December 13th, 2008, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichieL
Beginner

Post by RichieL »

Well at least i got a bit of dialogue going lol :happy clapper:
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

RichieL wrote:Well at least i got a bit of dialogue going lol :happy clapper:

indeed :mrgreen:

They do need a kick up the arse tbh.

The way it is going you would have to question moral in camp and the coaches.I mean other teams can take defeats and they come back stronger,we seem to disintegrate after either an uninspired performance or a loss.We will never win anything with an attitude like that.We are a very similar team to the Arsenal,in fact the mirror image.We can be brilliant one day but we lack conviction and leaders and are very inconsistent.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

velvitjester wrote:

As for you,you are probably **Edited by Mod** I have ever come come across on any forum.Any oppertunity you get,you try to get a rise out of me.You obviously have nothing better to do.
I couldn't be bothered getting into the inconsistencies of your postings. Its just not worth opening a dialogue when one member of the discussion has obvious difficulties in understanding the argument, let alone responding in a coherent manner. Your need to resort to profanities is worrying, maybe you should try to relax and calm down a bit.

Needless to say, this is the last time we shall engage in debate. The wonderful thing about this site is that there is a function that allows you to ignore people.

As a final farewell, I suppose I should remain true to your latest signature by letting you know that its opportunity, not oppertunity, as quoted above...

Good day to you Sir. May your analysis and thought remain as consistent as it has been until this date.
Last edited by simonno6 on December 14th, 2008, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Superdub
Beginner

Post by Superdub »

Regardless of the "friendly banter" going on the main points being made are relevant. Like everyone else iIam dreading seeing those Munster tossers in work tomorrow. Can't you just see the smug grins on their faces? I think Rocky has done ok this season so far but if I was him I wouldn't be hanging around next year. What's the point? No chance of winning anything as we can't do the basic right, pass, kick intelligently, pick the correct team and not play guys out of position - Luke at centre. I'm a bit concerned too about Whittaker's form, has been poor for a while now. Keane deserves a start. Any idea when Leo will be back. We need him badly.

Superdub

:cry:
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Well done Richiel
You took the words out of my mouth
I am a season ticket holder and feel I am paying good money to watch shite
At least this forum gives us, the silent majority an opportunity to express our feelings to others who care about Leinster.
The key points:
a) We are leaderless on the pitch
b) We are leaderless off the pitch
Velvitjester may be sick of hearing about Munster passion but if our team do not show some soon there will be a whole lot fewer STHs' next year
Cheka has to go!!!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

This is a serious issue - a lot of the players don't give a sh!t and were passionless. They didn't give a 100%, they weren't prepared to put their bodies on the line and they didn't front up. And that's what sickens me. Defeat is always a bitter pill to swallow but the Special Olympics oath comes to mind " Let me win, but if I cannot win met me be brave in the attempt" Leinster were not brave in defeat. We were not valiant, plucky losers. The players showed no urgency and no will to win.

They make me sick. They're playing rugby as a job. Their past-time is their profession and still they don't care. Winning the H Cup is a massive honour and still they don't care and still they don't care. They're playing for a place on the Irish squad, on the Lions squad - the two ultimate ambitions of an Irish/British player and still they don't care. They're playing for us, their loyal supporters (Leinster have been the best supported team in the Magners for three years running and were the third best supported team in Europe last year) and still they don't care and don't put everything into such an important match.

What will it take?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

The words missing from when trying to describe Leinster's performances this season with maybe one exception have been "Honesty", "Professionalism", oh and wait for it "Passion". What we saw on Friday was a charade. Alas I have become all too used to these false dawns. I could easily use Munster as a an example but won't, I will use Harlequins performance against Stade. What I saw ticked all the boxes I mentioned above. I just can't help but think that Ollie Le Roux's influence last year cannot be over estimated.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I think group trips to the cinema or possibly paint balling in Wicklow could be the tipping in turning this season around for Leinster.

Reintroducing Gomez at some level in the set up shouldn't be ruled out.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Some fairly questionable punctuation there(or lack thereof). Glass houses.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!