Squad for the weekend

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Squad for the weekend

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinster squad to face Dragons...

Leinster have named a 28-man squad for Saturday's Celtic League clash with the Dragons at Rodney Parade (KO: 5.30pm).

Denis Hickie, Girvan Dempsey and Reggie Corrigan are all included after being involved with the Ireland squad this week.

Meanwhile, Kieran Lewis, Jamie Heaslip, Ronan McCormack and Brian Blaney are also named after earning 'A' caps for their country against their French counterparts last weekend.

Ciaran Potts is also included after injury.

The squad is expected to be reduced later in the week.

Forwards (15):

Reggie Corrigan, Brian Blaney, Will Green, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Eric Miller, Keith Gleeson, Jamie Heaslip, Ronan McCormack, David Blaney, Ben Gissing, Niall Ronan, Emmett Byrne, Ciaran Potts, Devin Toner

Backs (13):

Guy Easterby, Felipe Contepomi, Gary Brown, John Hepworth, Kieran Lewis, Rob Kearney, Denis Hickie, Brian O’Riordan, Jonathan Sexton, Eoghan Hickey, Brendan Burke, Brian O’Meara, Girvan Dempsey

Referee: Peter Allan (SRU), Touch Judges: Tony Rowlands (WRU), Mike Cox (WRU)
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Thought Super Rob wasn't considered for the Ireland squad due to injury? :?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:Thought Super Rob wasn't considered for the Ireland squad due to injury? :?
"absent through selection" perhaps?

Am I reading too much into the order the players are listed in btw?
I have Bumbleflex
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:Thought Super Rob wasn't considered for the Ireland squad due to injury? :?
Good point. One for Breener?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Good point. One for Breener?
I couldn't possibly comment.....
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:

True!!!!!

I remember the Ireland squads used to offer clues in the order. My cousin was in the frame in one position and we always knew whether he was in by whether he was named third or second in his position! :lol:
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

Dave Cahill wrote:

I didn't notice that. I presume Girv will start though.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Dave Cahill wrote:

That's unusual. We don't usually announce squads like that. I thought we put the various positions together but this time around the 1st 8 forwards and 1st 7 backs read like a team.

It could mean that Dempsey is in line to start against Wales......

As for Kearney. He's had that back strain for a while. Possibly not considered for Ireland as there was no point aggravating it. Being realistic he's not in with a shout this year. Hopefully he'll recover to get an A cap or two against Scotland and England.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

That's unusual. We don't usually announce squads like that. I thought we put the various positions together but this time around the 1st 8 forwards and 1st 7 backs read like a team.

It could mean that Dempsey is in line to start against Wales......

As for Kearney. He's had that back strain for a while. Possibly not considered for Ireland as there was no point aggravating it. Being realistic he's not in with a shout this year. Hopefully he'll recover to get an A cap or two against Scotland and England.
Girv might get 20 minutex or a half for the weekend game to sharpen him up for the Wales game. Hope so.

You might be right on super Rob, seems a bit odd though..... :?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

I don't think any international coach would consider playing Rob. He needs to play some more HC before he is ready for the step up.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

thecoofreak wrote:I don't think any international coach would consider playing Rob. He needs to play some more HC before he is ready for the step up.
I agree, though as an impact sub he may be useful. The point I was making was that he was listed as not consider due to injury.....
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

CM wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Bloody hell lads - that reads exactly as a starting line-up! I hadn't spotted that. Well I'd be happy with that starting line-up. They did ok against the Borders.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:
CM wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: "absent through selection" perhaps?

Bloody hell lads - that reads exactly as a starting line-up! I hadn't spotted that. Well I'd be happy with that starting line-up. They did ok against the Borders.
Id like to see them add a little more flair :lol:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

epaddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
CM wrote: That's unusual. We don't usually announce squads like that. I thought we put the various positions together but this time around the 1st 8 forwards and 1st 7 backs read like a team.
The only way more flair could be added to that team is if they had to do a painting exhibition at half time!
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Bloody hell lads - that reads exactly as a starting line-up! I hadn't spotted that. Well I'd be happy with that starting line-up. They did ok against the Borders.
The only way more flair could be added to that team is if they had to do a painting exhibition at half time!
Will there be cake from the church of Ireland's women's institute Dave? :wink: :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
epaddy wrote: Id like to see them add a little more flair :lol:
Will there be cake from the church of Ireland's women's institute Dave? :wink: :lol:
Not if I get to them first (the cakes or women!) :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Better move for the cakes Dave, a nice Battenberg is a good bit slower moving than a church of Ireland yummy mummy.....and you're not as quick as you used to be...... :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:Better move for the cakes Dave, a nice Battenberg is a good bit slower moving than a church of Ireland yummy mummy.....and you're not as quick as you used to be...... :lol:
When it comes to Milfs I'm faster than CauCau avoiding a fijian cap!
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Better move for the cakes Dave, a nice Battenberg is a good bit slower moving than a church of Ireland yummy mummy.....and you're not as quick as you used to be...... :lol:
Dunno mate, a C of I yummy mummy can be an excellent way to while away a Tuesday afternoon......AND you get cake afterwards!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Dunno mate, a C of I yummy mummy can be an excellent way to while away a Tuesday afternoon......AND you get cake afterwards!
Thats what I said dude!
I have Bumbleflex