JACKMAN MOM

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LCD_Blue
Bookworm

JACKMAN MOM

Post by LCD_Blue »

I must say that i am delighted for him to receive mom to night. Yes he did not enjoy his best days in green this spring but tonight we saw a player who can be proud of his game but also it was a true reflection of how he has played for us all year. It could be said that he had a much better line out jumpers to aim at and so allowed him to hit all but one throw on target.(much better than his opposite number!) well done batman you complete the best front row we have had in a long time which has been the key to winning this league :happy clapper:
Superdub
Beginner

Re: JACKMAN MOM

Post by Superdub »

Agree completely. Jackets has been great all season. Lineout worked well and his ballcarrying was 1st class. Should also say Stan has been superb also. A big improvement on last season.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

Yes well deserved. Leo, Mal, Stan, Heaslip and Sexton were all in the mix too. After watching the replay on Setanta 1 when I got home, I also noticed it must have been the first time where he won both MOM awards i.e. RDS Best Sponsered MOM award and Donal Lenihan's Setanta MOM award. Well done Bernard and the whole line out unit was fab all night long! :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Cliffy
Bookworm

Post by Cliffy »

Question for anyone watching on TV ...

In the first few mins Jackman was down on the ground (prone), play had stopped and most players were moving off and Mafi came up behind (I think) Tony Buckley, slammed the back of his leg so that his knee was driven into the side of Jackman's head.

Was it shown on TV?

I think it was possibly the cheapest shot I have ever seen on a rugby pitch - he didn't even have the decency to hit Jackman (prone at the time) himself.
Even the young lady from Munster beside me was embarressed by it.
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Cliffy, the game was full of cheap shots as far as I could see and from what I heard from friends in the Grandstand.

Birch was excellent in every facet of his game and thoroughly deserved MOTM. Stan, Jamie, Sexton and Whitaker might also have got it but fair play to Birch.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

brilliant stuff from birch, he was so grateful to the fans at the end as were the other guys... he really pissed all over flannery but sure we did that 1-15. not sure about that cheap shot, he kind of slamed his open palm into birch's eyes whilst hiding behind foley i think, think it knocked his contacts out
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Photos knicked from boards.ie:

Wouldn't want to get in the way of this:

Jackman displaying Matrix style agility to dodge Leamy's (absolute pikey, anyone he didn't try and punch last night?) punch.

Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Also - suggestions he was gouged in the first half. Anyone know anything about this?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Danthefan wrote:Also - suggestions he was gouged in the first half. Anyone know anything about this?
Yep, on replay, you can clearly see Tipoki poke him in the eye
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Darce wrote:
Danthefan wrote:Also - suggestions he was gouged in the first half. Anyone know anything about this?
Gonna have to check that out, only have S4C coverage and didn't notice it watching the game through. One of the worst offences you can commit imo, nothing will come of it though.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Its about 33 mins in
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

could a citing be on the cards do you reckon for tipoki?

leamy and doc are both stupid players... they always seem to use these kind of tactics, they let themselves down and got owned by their opposing numbers who are also rivals for their positions in the ireland team
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Smashing photo the first one................Bernard just about to perform the "Jackman sidestep" on the Kilkennyman!

He really has stepped up to the plate this year. I always thought we were solid at hooker with first David and then Brian Blaney but what he has added this season in the loose along with the addition of Ollie and Stan's improvement has been instrumental in the solidity and consistency we've shown(not a trait we've been overly familiar with in the past if we're honest!)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

true blue 06 wrote:could a citing be on the cards do you reckon for tipoki?

leamy and doc are both stupid players... they always seem to use these kind of tactics, they let themselves down and got owned by their opposing numbers who are also rivals for their positions in the ireland team
No, irish provinces dont usually cite each other
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Darce wrote:
Someone at Munster needs to come down hard on this guy before he gets himself a big suspension. He was at the same craic last week with Vainokolo.
josie
Graduate

Post by josie »

Seeing Jackman outside the stadium, he had many puncture wounds on his head, some of them still bleeding I think.
Oh pointy birds
Oh pointy, pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy, nointy
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

josie wrote:Seeing Jackman outside the stadium, he had many puncture wounds on his head, some of them still bleeding I think.
The man has left chunks of his scalp all over the playing fields of Ireland, Scotland and Wales this season. And yet he still never wears a scrum-cap. What a man/lunatic! :P
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Was delighted he got MOM. There was a row of clowns from Cork behind us blaming Jackman for Ireland's Six Nations. When he was down on the ground - think after bing walloped by Leamy, one of them actually said, "now why couldn't that have happened before the Six nations, we might have a chance with Jerry". :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There was also lots of talk about only the Heineken mattering anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bitter or what? Anyway, nothing was wrecking my buzz - let the result do the talking.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Jackman was excellent, but for me Gleeson was the best player on the pitch on saturday. Simply destroyed Leamy and proved yet again that he is the best number 7 in Ireland.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cud wrote:Jackman was excellent, but for me Gleeson was the best player on the pitch on saturday. Simply destroyed Leamy and proved yet again that he is the best number 7 in Ireland.
well said sir. We will only appreciate how good he has been, and how particularly excellent this season, when he leaves. Any chance the supporters club will do something to honour him before he leaves? God knows he deserves it.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.