Tyler Bleyendaal is a bigger addition than people realise!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: Tyler Bleyendaal is a bigger addition than people realise!

Post by offshorerules »

ronk wrote: July 10th, 2024, 12:26 am
DartVader wrote: July 9th, 2024, 6:39 pm Any word of when TB will be arriving in Leinster? Will he be here for the start of preseason or will he be late arriving after his current responsibilities have finished?
Cheers.
:?:
I dunno but the players are on holiday and preseason hasn't started.
A couple of minor points...
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

offshorerules wrote: July 10th, 2024, 7:47 am
DartVader wrote: July 9th, 2024, 6:39 pm Any word of when TB will be arriving in Leinster? Will he be here for the start of preseason or will he be late arriving after his current responsibilities have finished?
Cheers.
:?:
Genie Mac, I hope that we have someone to let him in, it's lashing out
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 10:59 am Yeah, I’m unconvinced with Goodman’s contribution this year. There could well be more than one reason for this.
1: Late back from the world cup
2: Change in role from last season
3: Maybe a lot more of the focus was on defence rather than attack and he just didn’t get the hours with the players
4: Maybe it was all Stu?

Regardless of the reason, the attack has not been as good as it was. But what really stuck out for me was the degradation of our basic skill levels, the passing hasn’t been fluid and a lot of the passing looks to be where the player is now rather than where they’re going to be.

So yeah, looking forward to Tyler coming aboard, but I’m a little concerned that in Goodman we may have sold someone a pup 🐶.
My conviction that the attack and skills levels were all Stu grows by the day. We have skills coaches. They just don't seem to be at the same level as Stu, not even in the same parish unfortunately. The fact we were still competitive post Stu and post J10 speak volumes for our cussedness

Hopefully TB can reignite our attacking game.
TMC
Knowledgeable

Post by TMC »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: June 22nd, 2024, 10:59 am Yeah, I’m unconvinced with Goodman’s contribution this year. There could well be more than one reason for this.
1: Late back from the world cup
2: Change in role from last season
3: Maybe a lot more of the focus was on defence rather than attack and he just didn’t get the hours with the players
4: Maybe it was all Stu?

Regardless of the reason, the attack has not been as good as it was. But what really stuck out for me was the degradation of our basic skill levels, the passing hasn’t been fluid and a lot of the passing looks to be where the player is now rather than where they’re going to be.

So yeah, looking forward to Tyler coming aboard, but I’m a little concerned that in Goodman we may have sold someone a pup 🐶.
My conviction that the attack and skills levels were all Stu grows by the day. We have skills coaches. They just don't seem to be at the same level as Stu, not even in the same parish unfortunately. The fact we were still competitive post Stu and post J10 speak volumes for our cussedness

Hopefully TB can reignite our attacking game.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

RoboProp wrote: July 10th, 2024, 9:37 am
offshorerules wrote: July 10th, 2024, 7:47 am

Genie Mac, I hope that we have someone to let him in, it's lashing out
:D
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
sydneyexpat
Learner

Post by sydneyexpat »

Is Tyler going to be picking the Leinster team? That seems the biggest issue we have.

We didn't have a pre-season with our full coaching ticket and our front line players were not available until a point in the season where recovery is the primary training focus and I would argue that our team selections and player development was poor.

It is easy to scapegoat Goodman, but there were mitigating factors and tbh if the Farrell team backs him (Mike Catt similarly had a negative rep at firs) then who are we to question.

I don't think that Bleyendaal in place of Goodman is going to be revolutionary, and no disrespect to either man.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If Bleyendal can round out Frawley's skill-set and make him as dominant an out-half as Pollard has become for South Africa, he will have achieved all that Leinster need from him.

Frawley has a superb array of skills but hasn't, in my view, displayed them for Leinster with any consistency in his limited collection of appearances for Leinster at No 10. But, I live in hope that the New Zealander can take this talented, but flawed to this point, out-half and re-build him to the level that his skills have hinted at regularly.

Now that would be a contribution worth having from our new New Zealand Coach.
sydneyexpat
Learner

Post by sydneyexpat »

Ruckedtobits wrote: July 14th, 2024, 9:57 am If Bleyendal can round out Frawley's skill-set and make him as dominant an out-half as Pollard has become for South Africa, he will have achieved all that Leinster need from him.

Frawley has a superb array of skills but hasn't, in my view, displayed them for Leinster with any consistency in his limited collection of appearances for Leinster at No 10. But, I live in hope that the New Zealander can take this talented, but flawed to this point, out-half and re-build him to the level that his skills have hinted at regularly.

Now that would be a contribution worth having from our new New Zealand Coach.
In terms of limited appearances... He has started 4 games as outhalf for Leinster this since the 20/21 season (as per https://all.rugby/player/ciaran-frawley) and 11 eleven in his rugby career.

When Ross Byrne was Ciarán's present age he had started 70 (seventy) games at outhalf. (even though Ciaran is more versatile, he has started nowhere near 70 games at any position let alone his 11 in 7 seasons at 10).

Harry, a year younger than Ciarán, hasstarted 35 (thirty five) games at outhalf.

On a side note, Charlie Tector turns 23 next season and has started 0 games (same age, Harry had started 14 and Ross 31). I have no idea how good he is by the way, but to illustrate the distribution of chances. And we don't even need to mention that we have another young prospect at Leinster who has the potential to be absolutely world class.

I really fear we will be tutting Sam for not taking his chances when he is 26 because Harry and Ross are bound to come good.