Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd December 19.35 TG4

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

D4surfer
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 3rd December 19.35 TG4

Post by D4surfer »

Dexter wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:10 pm Strong teams!
Wonder will the bookies spread change, up or down, after the team announcements?
The spread has moved slightly to 11 points from 10. It’s still Leinster 1/4 and Ulster 7/2.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Sam Prendergast at captains run today.
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

cormac wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 12:45 pm
neill_m wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:57 am Ulster team to play Leinster, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 9, Saturday 3 December at RDS Arena (KO 7 35pm), live on TG4, Viaplay & URC.tv.

(15-9): Michael Lowry, Ethan McIlroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Stewart Moore, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Andy Warwick, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Captain), Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Sam Carter, Duane Vermeulen, Nathan Doak, Jacob Stockdale, Matty Rea.
Henderson at 6 is an interesting call at this stage of his career, especially considering his lack of match fitness
It's madness in my view. Hendy was an outstanding 6 before Schmidt insisted he become a lock. He has been an out and out lock for many years and is nowhere near mobile enough to play 6 any more. The Ulster team is bizarre. 4 locks in the squad, only two backs on the bench, not much in the way of OH (lowry/doak only) or Centre cover (Stew Moore only).
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

neill_m wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 11:57 am Ulster team to play Leinster, BKT United Rugby Championship Round 9, Saturday 3 December at RDS Arena (KO 7 35pm), live on TG4, Viaplay & URC.tv.

(15-9): Michael Lowry, Ethan McIlroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Stewart Moore, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Andy Warwick, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Iain Henderson (Captain), Marcus Rea, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Callum Reid, Tom O’Toole, Sam Carter, Duane Vermeulen, Nathan Doak, Jacob Stockdale, Matty Rea.
Henderson at 6 is an interesting call at this stage of his career, especially considering his lack of match fitness
It really is, was thinking that too. Conan might fancy getting past him off the back of a scrum.

They're obviously expecting a forward struggle given they've a 6/2 split also.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Speaking of Conan, it's a big game for him tomorrow imo.

Hasn't been in brilliant form, lots of calls to start Deegan, Baird coming into flanker contention and Connors on the way back.

He's up against an Ireland competitor too in Timoney.

Would be nice to see a big carrying performance from him.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Actually why is Moore on the left wing for Ulster and Stockdale on the bench?

Weird selection choice.

Moore has never started as a wing for Ulster before.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:13 pm Sam Prendergast at captains run today.
Thought he might be fast-tracked after his summer, but Tector is being trusted ahead of him.
Will he get his first full cap over Christmas maybe?
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

allezlesverres wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:14 pm

It's madness in my view. Hendy was an outstanding 6 before Schmidt insisted he become a lock. He has been an out and out lock for many years and is nowhere near mobile enough to play 6 any more. The Ulster team is bizarre. 4 locks in the squad, only two backs on the bench, not much in the way of OH (lowry/doak only) or Centre cover (Stew Moore only).
are they "Munster 2009" in disguise?

Ulster Supporters used to sing of a Team of Tommy Bowes.... now they Dream of a Team of Second Rows...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Harry apparently not injured.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

allezlesverres wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:14 pm

You do all know that the mocker Gods were listening and now he's gonna score a hat-trick :D
Hoofhearted
Bookworm

Post by Hoofhearted »

A big vote of confidence in Charlie Tector from the coaching staff!! It's great to see.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:59 pm Harry apparently not injured.
That will give new life to those on here who were claiming he was in the naughty corner.

Didn't do a whole lot last weekend to justify selection though.
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

pip14 wrote:
BlueStreak wrote: December 1st, 2022, 9:09 am Unfortunately can't attend on Saturday night so my North Stand ticket is free to a good home. PM if interested.
Is this still available pal?
Yes, still available. If you PM me your email address I can transfer it.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Leinster made it eight from eight last week and now take on Ulster in a first vs second battle.
Ulster are currently nine points behind Leinster but have a game in hand from when their game against the Sharks was postponed due to a mass outbreak of nasty stomachachery in South Africa. Ulster's only defeat so far this season was to Leinster on a wet night in Belfast. Leinster took a big lead but then ended up hanging on at the end in a rather annoying way because the Leinster pack had dished out a lesson in dominance in the first 45 minutes.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Henderson's 1st start at blindside since March 2018.
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

[quote=LeinsterLeader post_id=815979 time=1669991112 user_id=4957
You do all know that the mocker Gods were listening and now he's gonna score a hat-trick :D
[/quote]

I hope so, that would be class but given he has 13 tries for ulster to his name a hat trick might be a bit much!! I wonder if any lock or 6 ever got a hat trick in Ireland
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

allezlesverres wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 3:18 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:25 pm You do all know that the mocker Gods were listening and now he's gonna score a hat-trick :D
I hope so, that would be class but given he has 13 tries for ulster to his name a hat trick might be a bit much!! I wonder if any lock or 6 ever got a hat trick in Ireland
CJ Stander scored a hat trick against Italy in February 2017 from 6 and Jack Conan also got one from 6 against Montpellier in January 2017

Ryan Baird grabbed one at lock against Glasgow in February 2020
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Among the face-to-face contests I'm most looking forward to are:

Healy v Moore
Cooney v JGP
Byrne v Burns
Ringrose v Hume
Stewart v Kelleher
McCloskey v Osborne

Some very interesting contests in that lot. I could also have included Timoney v JVdF, but I don't think it will be a contest.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Ruckedtobits wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:44 am Among the face-to-face contests I'm most looking forward to are:

Healy v Moore
Cooney v JGP
Byrne v Burns
Ringrose v Hume
Stewart v Kelleher
McCloskey v Osborne

Some very interesting contests in that lot. I could also have included Timoney v JVdF, but I don't think it will be a contest.
Timoney starting at number 8.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 7:44 am Among the face-to-face contests I'm most looking forward to are:

Healy v Moore
Cooney v JGP
Byrne v Burns
Ringrose v Hume
Stewart v Kelleher
McCloskey v Osborne

Could see Osborne and Ringrose switching around a bit during the game, but yep interesting matchups
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.