International Tickets - Leinster Branch Sale??

Forum for swapping international tickets as well as selling your tickets or buying unwanted tickets. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling tickets for above face value will be immediately banned.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
Forum for swapping international tickets as well as selling your tickets or buying unwanted tickets. Anyone suspected of being involved in buying or selling tickets for above face value will be immediately banned.
If there is already a thread requesting tickets for a particular game please add any subsequent requests to the same thread rather than start another.
PBB
Bookworm

Re: International Tickets - Leinster Branch Sale??

Post by PBB »

Guys

did anyone get offered anything other than Argentina tickets as of yet ? So far everyone I know who got tickets, got them for Argentina.

it's not clear from the e-mail if my four entries (four season tickets) resulted in just one win or if we've just seen results from a draw for Argentina tickets so far....it does say each season ticket holder who is successful only get's two tickets, but was expecting either a rejection for the other three entries or hopefully other tickets...

Also - those who got more than 1 mail - is it possible that you were entitled to enter twice under the same membership number and got tickets to the same match for both ?
What we have here is a failure to communicate....
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Donny B. wrote:Me and the mate both 'won' the chance to buy two Argentina tickets.....which have been on general sale for nearly three weeks now!

We'll both probably struggle to off-load the spare one now.

Argentina match shouldn't have been included in the draw. There's absolutely no value in having them as they've been on general sale and they're useless for bartering with.
More interference with the free market!!! Of course they should have been included, they need to be sold. I didn't enter the lottery because it was all too predictable that most people would get Argie ones.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

combatlogo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Me and the mate both 'won' the chance to buy two Argentina tickets.....which have been on general sale for nearly three weeks now!

Argentina match shouldn't have been included in the draw. There's absolutely no value in having them as they've been on general sale and they're useless for bartering with.
More interference with the free market!!! Of course they should have been included, they need to be sold. I didn't enter the lottery because it was all too predictable that most people would get Argie ones.
I was very lucky....requested two tickets and got two for the All Blacks game :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

combatlogo wrote:

If they hadn't had gone on general sale three weeks ago, I'd have no problem. But once they did they should not have been included, cause there is absolutely no value in winning the right to purchase tickets that you could purchase anytime in the last three weeks.

They "have to be sold" or just fobbed off on Leinster fans who'll struggle to resell any spares cause they're already on general sale.

f%~king Branch selling us down the river once again! What nice little cash cows we are for them!
SilverSurfer
Knowledgeable

Post by SilverSurfer »

PBB wrote:Guys

did anyone get offered anything other than Argentina tickets as of yet ? So far everyone I know who got tickets, got them for Argentina.

it's not clear from the e-mail if my four entries (four season tickets) resulted in just one win or if we've just seen results from a draw for Argentina tickets so far....it does say each season ticket holder who is successful only get's two tickets, but was expecting either a rejection for the other three entries or hopefully other tickets...

Also - those who got more than 1 mail - is it possible that you were entitled to enter twice under the same membership number and got tickets to the same match for both ?
I got 2 for Argentina and friend got 2 for the all blacks, so worked out well :D
There are two types of people in the world, those who think there are two types of people in the world and those that don't.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

aisling7 wrote:
combatlogo wrote:

I was very lucky....requested two tickets and got two for the All Blacks game :D
Fancy swapping one of them for an Argentina ticket?
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

we have 2 season tickets, but bought under 1 log on on Ticketb***ard - so, when loggin onto the sale we seemed to have only 1 opportunity to apply for the lottery. So I put down for 4 tickets.

Just had 2 emails confirming 2 x 2 pairs of tickets for the All Blacks game

so, if anyone has 2 they want to swap for the England game PM me.

Guess i'm happy with the All Blacks though.....
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Donny B. wrote:Fancy swapping one of them for an Argentina ticket?

:D I would Donny....but I already have Argentina tickets......
PBB
Bookworm

Post by PBB »

mikey wrote:we have 2 season tickets, but bought under 1 log on on Ticketb***ard - so, when loggin onto the sale we seemed to have only 1 opportunity to apply for the lottery. So I put down for 4 tickets.

Fairplay to you mikey - makes a bit of the mockery of the statement in the e-mail that each season ticket holder is being limited to two tickets, but maybe I'm just bitter cos I've got got 2 pairs of tickets for Argentina - one set thanks to buying them on general sale and one thanks to "winning" the rights to buy them based on my four season tickets !
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

PBB wrote:
mikey wrote:we have 2 season tickets, but bought under 1 log on on Ticketb***ard - so, when loggin onto the sale we seemed to have only 1 opportunity to apply for the lottery. So I put down for 4 tickets.

Fairplay to you mikey - makes a bit of the mockery of the statement in the e-mail that each season ticket holder is being limited to two tickets, but maybe I'm just bitter cos I've got got 2 pairs of tickets for Argentina - one set thanks to buying them on general sale and one thanks to "winning" the rights to buy them based on my four season tickets !
I also got two emails stating that I had the right to purchase 2 x All Blacks tickets (which would be 4 tickets in total).....however as both emails state that each season ticket holder entry is limited to 2 tickets I think that the second email may have been sent in error by Sinead..... if not and if I am getting 4 tickets Donny....my extra 2 tickets are yours :D ..... I am waiting for a reply from Sinead...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

aisling7 wrote:
PBB wrote:

I also got two emails stating that I had the right to purchase 2 x All Blacks tickets (which would be 4 tickets in total).....however as both emails state that each season ticket holder entry is limited to 2 tickets I think that the second email may have been sent in error by Sinead..... if not and if I am getting 4 tickets Donny....my extra 2 tickets are yours :D ..... I am waiting for a reply from Sinead...
Thanks Aisling, but I won't hold my breath. A few people seem to have gotten emails twice!
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

2 x All Blacks tickets for me. :D

btw do I really have to show up in person or can I get someone else to pick up tickets on my behalf.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

TrapperChamonix wrote:2 x All Blacks tickets for me. :D

btw do I really have to show up in person or can I get someone else to pick up tickets on my behalf.
last year they allowed someone else to collect the tickets - just as well as its a bit of a trip for us....

wonder if we DO have 4 tickets for the ALL Blacks or if thats a mistake like other suggest.....?

Anyone got France or England tickets?
PBB
Bookworm

Post by PBB »

Just posted an offer to swap a pair of Argentina tickets for a pair to any of the other internationals..

I'll shake on any deal and maybe throw in a pint in Edinburgh this weekend...
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Got two tickets to the All Blacks game. Happy enough, I'll have no problem offloading them. I got the email twice but I assume I only got the two tickets.
John_C
Bookworm

Post by John_C »

This is probably a silly question but I didn't get an email so does that mean I didn't win? Is there a list up that I can check?
Party like it's 1929!
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

maybe I am mistaken, but were English and French tickets included in this draw? Did any one get these?
Got 2 All Blacks so happy.
Agree with Donny, would love to know the allocation per game. I can understand that there would be more tickets for the Argie game but if the difference was massive then the LB were flogging off unwanted Argie tickets to unsuspected members who entered the draw.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

2 * England for me...
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Patience John C. I just now got an email saying I have 2 for France so hang in there a little longer.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I got two tickets to the France game.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN