H Cup Final 2024 London

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: H Cup Final 2024 London

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

Just a reminder that the early bird tickets link is still working. Am pretty certain Leinster will be, depending on world cup injuries (Heineken cup pools start in december), there or thereabouts in the semis and maybe the final next year. Ditto for La Rochelle, Toulouse. Well worth a punt lads. Saturdays final was, by quite a distance, the best European final I have seen - and I was in Cardiff in 2011.

Based on the clear gap between the teams in the semis..it's not too far fetched to imagine a rematch of this year.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamh ... ge/Index/2
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 26th, 2023, 9:34 am Just a reminder that the early bird tickets link is still working. Am pretty certain Leinster will be, depending on world cup injuries (Heineken cup pools start in december), there or thereabouts in the semis and maybe the final next year. Ditto for La Rochelle, Toulouse. Well worth a punt lads. Saturdays final was, by quite a distance, the best European final I have seen - and I was in Cardiff in 2011.

Based on the clear gap between the teams in the semis..it's not too far fetched to imagine a rematch of this year.

You've got to get past the Tigers first.......................... 8) ..............well ya never know.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

tigerburnie wrote: May 26th, 2023, 11:35 am
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: May 26th, 2023, 9:34 am Just a reminder that the early bird tickets link is still working. Am pretty certain Leinster will be, depending on world cup injuries (Heineken cup pools start in december), there or thereabouts in the semis and maybe the final next year. Ditto for La Rochelle, Toulouse. Well worth a punt lads. Saturdays final was, by quite a distance, the best European final I have seen - and I was in Cardiff in 2011.

You've got to get past the Tigers first.......................... 8) ..............well ya never know.
absolutely! looks like we meet in the pool stages, right?
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

That's assuming we still have a Premier league the way thing are going, the RFU masterplan better not have been written by a Master Bates....................
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

For those interested; if you haven't noticed already - single tickets now available (through the EPCR website) for the Champions Cup final 2024
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Planning on heading to this. Any idea where the OLSC will designate before/after the match as a meeting pub/point?

I can't seem to be able to access the away guides for any previous fixture on the Leinster Rugby website. They really need to tidy up the back end of the site.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

joooooe wrote: January 15th, 2024, 5:34 pm Planning on heading to this. Any idea where the OLSC will designate before/after the match as a meeting pub/point?

I can't seem to be able to access the away guides for any previous fixture on the Leinster Rugby website. They really need to tidy up the back end of the site.
We've not played a game in the Spurs stadium yet so I imagine it will be somewhere near there but TBC. Plus we've got to get to the final first.
Anyone But New Zealand
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

joooooe wrote: January 15th, 2024, 5:34 pm Planning on heading to this. Any idea where the OLSC will designate before/after the match as a meeting pub/point?

Jayziz...we're not there yet.

If we manage to get to and win a semi final, I'm sure the OLSC will publish their guide. As an aside, I've been told that the stadium is amazing but the surrounding area for pubs & restaurants is not so great. It's about 30 mins on the train from kings cross in the centre of London.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 15th, 2024, 5:52 pm

If we manage to get to and win a semi final, I'm sure the OLSC will publish their guide. As an aside, I've been told that the stadium is amazing but the surrounding area for pubs & restaurants is not so great. It's about 30 mins on the train from kings cross in the centre of London.
Sorry, I could have phrased that better. I'm hopeful that an Irish team might be involved. Whoever is in the final I'd like to be close to the action in a city as big as London.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

joooooe wrote: January 15th, 2024, 7:29 pm Sorry, I could have phrased that better. I'm hopeful that an Irish team might be involved. Whoever is in the final I'd like to be close to the action in a city as big as London.
no worries. The last time London hosted the finals was 2012 in Twickenham. all Irish final, Leinster v Ulster. After the game people tended to split back into the city in their own groups...it wasn't like Marseille, Newcastle or Bilbao where the finals took over the cities more. Recommend you get the golden tickets....same seat, both finals and you get the gist of where to go for the sat, as well as watch a decent game of rugby.

An all French final looks to be likely after round 3, but, a lot can happen between now and then. Toulouse V Leinster would be my favoured final.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

joooooe wrote:
MylesNaGapoleen wrote: January 15th, 2024, 5:52 pm

Sorry, I could have phrased that better. I'm hopeful that an Irish team might be involved. Whoever is in the final I'd like to be close to the action in a city as big as London.
That's the problem with London... People will disburse all over the place. Doubtful there'll be a single area that people hang out

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

In a rush of blood and January boredom I'm jumped and booked travel and tickets to the final.

I see times are up, match kicks off at 14.45

Toulouse v La Rochelle rerun?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:58 am In a rush of blood and January boredom I'm jumped and booked travel and tickets to the final.

Leicester - Stormers would probably be the most complete way to ruin your day.
Scooby Shaggy Swerve
Learner

Post by Scooby Shaggy Swerve »

ronk wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:05 am
Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: January 24th, 2024, 10:58 am In a rush of blood and January boredom I'm jumped and booked travel and tickets to the final.

Sarries vrs Bulls is one level worse
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:21 am
I don't mind if the Bulls beat Lyon.

I like Leicester but I hope they're not in the QFs.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

Scooby Shaggy Swerve wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:21 am
ronk wrote: January 24th, 2024, 11:05 am

Munster v La Rochelle surely. Ugh, the thought of it makes me shudder!
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

14.45?? Strange time. It was always a 17.00/17.30 kick off up to this. If Leinster make it, it does give people lots of options for getting home after game though.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Is there something else on in London that weekend that I missed? Flight prices from Dublin a bit on the spicy side. The usual Ryanair/Aer Lingus gouging I suspect.

Edit...F.A. Cup final on that day. 5pm K.O. probably.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Anyone who knows London better than me have any suggestions as to where to stay near the stadium?
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

offshorerules wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:27 am Anyone who knows London better than me have any suggestions as to where to stay near the stadium?
Stratford/Docklands to the south. Good Rail/DLR links. Or Enfield/Cheshunt/Edmonton/Walthamstow to the North and East. Stations for the Stadium are White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".