Leicester Qtr Final roll call

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Leicester Qtr Final roll call

Post by footrush »

Block BL row A , bring it on !.
Flying wedge
Beltza
Learner

Re: Leicester Qtr Final roll call

Post by Beltza »

Do you know if the Leinster allowance will be fully taken up? I ask because (UK based) I usually get tickets directly from the English clubs to go to the Leinster games, but there is almost no chance of this for the QF. I'm guessing the Leinster tickets only go to season ticket holders. So if not all the allocation is taken up, the Brum-based Leinster contingent would be interested!

Though just saw the other thread... Might attempt to get a Tigers membership before Thursday then...
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Beltza wrote: April 19th, 2022, 2:29 pm Do you know if the Leinster allowance will be fully taken up? I ask because (UK based) I usually get tickets directly from the English clubs to go to the Leinster games, but there is almost no chance of this for the QF. I'm guessing the Leinster tickets only go to season ticket holders. So if not all the allocation is taken up, the Brum-based Leinster contingent would be interested!

Though just saw the other thread... Might attempt to get a Tigers membership before Thursday then...
Hi just got mine through Tigers the advantage was that I could pick where I wanted to sit !, think with the Leinster Allocation they might just give you a price range big difference in the quality of some seats in the same price range, also most of the back ones seem to be blocked off on the seating chart. Hardly surprising we would probably do the same !.
Flying wedge
Beltza
Learner

Post by Beltza »

footrush wrote: April 19th, 2022, 3:29 pm
Hi just got mine through Tigers the advantage was that I could pick where I wanted to sit !, think with the Leinster Allocation they might just give you a price range big difference in the quality of some seats in the same price range, also most of the back ones seem to be blocked off on the seating chart. Hardly surprising we would probably do the same !.
Thanks for that! Might just do the same!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

For anyone proposing to take the train for any part of their journey to Leicester.
https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/railsale
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Great tip about the trains. We had previously travelled to away games with Joe Walsh tours, but from the look of their website they have pared back the sports charters/arent affiliated with Leinster anymore? Does anyone know who the official travel partner is, if indeed there is any post covid. Or if the OLSC are chartering a trip? They tend to avoid the planes trains and automobiles thats sometimes necessary for smaller cities
VisitingTiger

Post by VisitingTiger »

Hey Folks,

Tigers fan here. Very excited to welcome you to Welford Road, 14 years I believe since Leinster were last in Leicester which is remarkable really.

I thought I’d drop you some tips so that you can get the most out of your trip to our city. Welford Road stadium is a 15 minute walk from the city’s railway station and 20-30 from the city centre. The best bars in the city are within the St. Martin’s area, Tønne does decent craft beers while the globe is a more traditional English pub. When Leicester City have played in European football comps, visiting supporters have gathered on Jubilee Square where there are bars all around, that might be an ideal meeting spot for Leinster fans. Avoid at all costs the market tavern pub. 45 West gin bar even sells a Leicester Tigers themed gin. In terms of food, Leicester is well renowned for curry, Kayal and Kayal herb (veggie version) are my favourite, but you’re never more than 5 minutes away from a great curry.

In terms of the stadium, it’s always good craic in the final whistle bar afterwards, especially in the past when Ulster and Munster have visited, with a band playing and a generally good atmosphere. The service in the ground is appalling and has been for years. Beer fairly well priced. First choice id recommend getting yourself on the terrace for a good experience although the other stands offer great views and comfort, just not the stand above the terrace unless you have a likening for getting splinters in your bum.

If you’re a supporter of the round ball game, Leicester play Everton on the Sunday, there should be some general sale tickets available so it might be a good opportunity to see some Premier League action. Away from sport, there’s the national space centre which is a good day out, the Richard 3rd museum (if that would interest you) and the New Walk museum which is free to enter and full of goodies. Bradgate Park is a good spot to work off a hangover too.

If you wanted to get more of your trip than just 1-2 nights, then I’d recommend basing yourself in Nottingham. There’s better bars/restaurants, things to do, and it’s just generally a safer, nicer vibe than Leicester. Then catch the train in (half an hour) on the day of the game.

Any questions then let me know, apart from the result I hope you have a great time in the city.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Thanks for that. Very helpful. The most immediate issue is which tickets to buy. We are being offered various categories from £35 up to £60. We have no indication of which section is which at this point. Would you think the £35 category is the south terrace?
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Trip booked. Heading through Stansted (€15 e/w). Now for the ticket.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
host a fan

Post by host a fan »

For any supporters thinking of coming over to Leicester for the game, check out host a fan - the rugby family at its very best, an airbnb just for fans.

There are a few (limited number) of hosts in and around the Leicester area who would be happy to host you for the game.

Check out https://www.hostafan.co/

Last edited by host a fan on April 25th, 2022, 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I registered with Tigers but it's not offering any tickets. Do I need to use my sisters address in London?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

paddyor wrote: April 20th, 2022, 4:00 pm I registered with Tigers but it's not offering any tickets. Do I need to use my sisters address in London?
Their tickets don’t go on direct sale until tomorrow, check tigers site, these are the Leinster allocation that people are talking about, you will be able to pick your own seat directly from their site from what if any they have left.
Flying wedge
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Thanks
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

paddyor wrote: April 20th, 2022, 5:29 pmThanks
Earlier in the week the Tigers started selling tickets without knowing the date to their season ticket holder’s and also what they call members, who paid £40 to join till this time next year (might be useful if we draw them in the group stages next year or it coincides with another game on a HCup weekend (eg a few years ago I watched Leicester play Ulster on a Saturday at Welford Rd and Leinster play Wasps in Coventry on the Sunday) and meant that they to could buy tickets from the seating chart/ choose their seats, some Leinster supporters did this so that they could pick their seat. The general Tigers sale is tomorrow for registered members make sure you log in bang on time for the best choice. Leinster opened their allocation to their season ticket holders today from the tickets allocated to them by the Tigers, this system groups tickets by price but you don’t know where you are sitting but you will be with Leinster supporters. In short if you are registered with Tigers log on as soon as possible tomorrow and pick your seat !.
Flying wedge
4Leinster
Beginner

Post by 4Leinster »

I have spare flight to East Midlands going out Saturday morning back Sunday night if anyone wants to pay the name change fee with ryanair of €115 each way. PM me if you are interested.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

DMR2004
Learner

Post by DMR2004 »

Have had a couple of guys not able to travel. Still plenty of tickets available for game on tigers site via Leinster allocation

So I have some spare rooms in Hotel in Leicester for Fri & Sat night €100 per night - Can change to 1 night if necessary
Also I have flights via Birmingham - out Fri eve or Sat am & back Sun night. You can pay the ryanair name change fee and will still be cheaper than current prices lol...
DM for details
Ray Donovan
Knowledgeable

Post by Ray Donovan »

If anyone is interested in sharing a taxi from East Midlands to Leicester on Friday night or from Leicester to Birmingham on Sunday leaving at 11am you might drop me a DM.

Cheers!
DMR2004
Learner

Post by DMR2004 »

Ray Donovan wrote:If anyone is interested in sharing a taxi from East Midlands to Leicester on Friday night or from Leicester to Birmingham on Sunday leaving at 11am you might drop me a DM.

Cheers!
Dropped you a DM.
We are on Fri night flight into E Mids and returning Sun night..
Joeman
Beginner

Post by Joeman »

Just wondering if anyone on Ryanair at 12.45 on Saturday into Birmingham and interested in sharing a taxi to Welford Rd?