Wasps away info

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Rob Doyle
Beginner

Re: Wasps away info

Post by Rob Doyle »

Rob Doyle here Edwardians FC rugby club are running coaches to wasps for Leinster game a slight Dutor to Birmingham airport after game may be poss if some lads & lasses are stuck plenty of Lenster fans on the coaches Edwardians FC is based in Solihull so not much of a Dutor help could be at hand
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

The lads from Edwardians FC rugby may be able to help some Leinster fans get back to brum airport it's not much of a detour we will do our best to help plenty Leinster fans on the coaches you won't be alone
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Help is at hand rob Doyle is me name if no other transport back to airport is provided Edwardian FC rugby club will get you on our coaches we will detour to Brum airport if you are stuck .
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Don't worry good Leinster fans help each other we will get you back to civilistion after game
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Will get you back to airport after game
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Rob Doyle wrote:Will get you back to airport after game
That’s a very decent offer Rob am sure we will get sorted :clap:
Flying wedge
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Thanks footrush will help all we can
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

My approach to getting out of the Ricoh: (i) get the GTD remapped, (ii) fill it up with the good stuff (not standard) (iii) hit the aceleratrix (iv) leave Coventry with all the appearance and speed of an intercontinental balistic missile.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Me not Ross o.carrol Kelly just trying to help fellow Leinster fans get away from the Ricoh arena after game
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
The Doc wrote:
Hornet wrote:
The only good thing about Dublin's Buses is that Go-Ahead are taking over some routes. At last a proper transport company running Buses. Travelled extensively on Public Transport through the UK, Ireland and Europe and my heart still sinks when I walk out of Dublin Airport knowing that i've a cr@p journey that will take an indeterminate time to get me to Tallaght by Dublin Bus. I can get from East Croydon to Slough by bus quicker, (as I did the day before the Bath away game), than the trip across town (if the Bus decides to turn up).
45 mins on the "Airport Hopper"?

Not saying buses are great here or anything but as a regular user - they are ok
Use the Airport 757 via the Tunnel, and see "Dockside Dublin" rather than Dorset Street for your arriving vista. Hop off on the Quays or D'Olier St and pick up a Luas or Bus to anywhere.

Best value and best route from the Airport. Goes to Camden St Terminus but good connecting points also.
This sounded great until I realised that it was the same price as the Aircoach which leaves me as close to my house as the Luas.

Return for 1 person is the same price as the quickpark for 2 days. Stick 4 in a car and you can get a week in the quickpark with money left to buy a pint.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

The Doc wrote:
Hornet wrote:
The only good thing about Dublin's Buses is that Go-Ahead are taking over some routes. At last a proper transport company running Buses. Travelled extensively on Public Transport through the UK, Ireland and Europe and my heart still sinks when I walk out of Dublin Airport knowing that i've a cr@p journey that will take an indeterminate time to get me to Tallaght by Dublin Bus. I can get from East Croydon to Slough by bus quicker, (as I did the day before the Bath away game), than the trip across town (if the Bus decides to turn up).

Have a Rambler ticket on my leap. Hopper doesn't do discount for leap, just full price, (discount if booked ahead). 30 minute walk to the Belgard for me for the Hopper. Good for early morning flights though. Will be getting to the airport for the Brum flight via Luas from Kingswood, then Dublin Coach from the Mad Cow. Cheaper than the Hopper, not as far to walk, and gives me some extra time in bed. (Have a 60th Birthday to go to Saturday night)! Might not be fully compos mentis on Sunday. (I'll be the one asleep on the Travelator, heading for the 100 gates at Dublin Airport on Sunday morning). :?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
The Doc wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Use the Airport 757 via the Tunnel, and see "Dockside Dublin" rather than Dorset Street for your arriving vista. Hop off on the Quays or D'Olier St and pick up a Luas or Bus to anywhere.

Best value and best route from the Airport. Goes to Camden St Terminus but good connecting points also.
Spent too much of my life waiting for Buses in Camden Street. Remember the vista of the Quays when waiting for the 77 in the 80's. (Nun's protesting outside the Virgin Megastore when it dared to sell condoms), whilst I had a pocket full of them fresh from the UK. Those were the days. :)
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

lotmc wrote:
footrush wrote:Really hope the OLSC might be able to sort a bus to the airport after the game , Wonder is anyone else is on the flight out of Birmingham on Sunday evening ?.
We (me + son) are on the 19.55 Ryanair Birmingham to Dublin flight. This flight is now sold out - this can only be due to the Leinster game. So I suspect that there will be a good few Leinster supporters looking to get to Birmingham Airport after the game.

I've sent an email to OLSC / Leinster Rugby to see if they will be organising transport from the Ricoh to Birmingham airport after the game. I will report back when I hear back from them, or they may send out a notice about it. We should know soon.

If there isn't an official OLSC bus, there are lots of private minibus / bus operators in the area, and booking one of them wont be difficult.

I got an email response from OLSC saying that they do not have plans to arrange transport for fans after the game. Who is on for clubbing together to book a cab / minibus after the game to Birmingham Airport? Either respond or PM me, and if there are enough commitments I can book something. Its only a short journey (about 14 miles) so shouldn't be expensive.
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Look lads Birmingham & Solihull based Leinster fans are trying to help here if you are stuck trying to get back to airport after game we will help it's a done deal even for the 19 55 last flight on the Sunday of the game unless you are all Ross o.carrol Kelly's and ya dads will sort it out for you all carry on if not we will help just let us know
DFK2
Beginner

Post by DFK2 »

Two of us are arriving into East Midlands Airport at 9.10am on the morning of the match - 20th Jan. Bus and rail transfers to Coventry from East Midlands seem to be a real mess. Just wondering if any other Leinster supporters are travelling to EMA on Ryanair flight FR534 and if you might be interested in sharing a taxi or minibus to the Ricoh? We are travelling back to Dublin from Birmingham International on the Monday - so it is just a one-way transfer required by us.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

DFK2 wrote:Two of us are arriving into East Midlands Airport at 9.10am on the morning of the match - 20th Jan. Bus and rail transfers to Coventry from East Midlands seem to be a real mess. Just wondering if any other Leinster supporters are travelling to EMA on Ryanair flight FR534 and if you might be interested in sharing a taxi or minibus to the Ricoh? We are travelling back to Dublin from Birmingham International on the Monday - so it is just a one-way transfer required by us.
This might help.

https://www.kinchbus.co.uk/services/sky ... /timetable
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.am ... 18_web.pdf
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hayma ... d-1.131514

09:48 Skylink Bus EMA to Leicester.
Short walk Gravel Street to Haymarket Bus Station.
11:15 Service 48 Leicester Haymarket to Nuneaton.
12:55 Service 48 Nuneaton to Foleshill (Ricoh Arena).
Arrive approx 13:20.
DFK2
Beginner

Post by DFK2 »

Cheers Hornet. Many thanks for the info. We will get there!
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

so where is evryone sitting for this?
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I'm flying Dub Bir at 10:45-11:50
Returning 19:55-21:00

Anyone on the same flight over?

I'm in BLK 24, but I'm sure there is no issue moving around
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Rob Doyle
Beginner

Post by Rob Doyle »

Tickets being given away in lucky bags over here don't worry have good time as I have said before there's no pubs near ground good luck