H Cup Away fixtures 2018/19

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

DaveMr
Beginner

Re: H Cup Away fixtures 2018/19

Post by DaveMr »

footrush wrote:
DaveMr wrote:I have a spare twin room booked in Bath via Booking.com that I am not using now.
http://www.booking.com/Share-q9tPTPf
Parade Park Hotel right beside the ground so very handy
Bit steep - £179 incl breakfast, but not too bad if there are 2 of you considering the location
I can change the name om the booking
Really nice spot stayed there last time we played them !.
Have another spot booked even closer :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just booked the 19.55 flight from Birmingham to Dublin on Sun 20th after the Wasps game for £20 wondering if there are enough of us on this for the OLSC to possibly consider running a bus to the airport after the game ?.
Flying wedge
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Where is the most convenient area to stay in Toulouse for centre and stadium.I will be arriving from and departing to Carcassonne by train
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Leoslovechild wrote:Where is the most convenient area to stay in Toulouse for centre and stadium.I will be arriving from and departing to Carcassonne by train
Anywhere close to Place du Capitole would be grand. The train station is just across the river - walking distance. And the stadium as well I think
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
LarryB
Beginner

Post by LarryB »

footrush wrote:Just booked the 19.55 flight from Birmingham to Dublin on Sun 20th after the Wasps game for £20 wondering if there are enough of us on this for the OLSC to possibly consider running a bus to the airport after the game ?.
Did you get tickets yet?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Match tickets? They have never filled that stadium afaik. There will be no problem with tickets
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

LarryB wrote:
footrush wrote:Just booked the 19.55 flight from Birmingham to Dublin on Sun 20th after the Wasps game for £20 wondering if there are enough of us on this for the OLSC to possibly consider running a bus to the airport after the game ?.
Did you get tickets yet?
Yep any time I’ve been there I have been able to move around the ground the nearest time I’ve seen the place being full was the semi final weekend that they played Munster and the not nots played Toulouse in Twickenham !.
Flying wedge
DaveMr
Beginner

Post by DaveMr »

I'm on that flight...was thinking of jumping in a taxi

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Know nothing about train times but I seem to remember that the train from Coventry to Brum airport takes about 15 minutes. So perhaps a taxi to the train?

Or better again. Monday off and take your time.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

johng wrote:Know nothing about train times but I seem to remember that the train from Coventry to Brum airport takes about 15 minutes. So perhaps a taxi to the train?

Or better again. Monday off and take your time.
I'm moseying back by Coach and Ferry from Brum Sun night. £18 fare and a few top up's on the Ulysses. (Birthday party to attend Saturday Night in Tallafonia, so on the mid morning Sunday flight c/w hangover)!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

DP
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

DaveMr wrote:

Seem to be quite a few of us in the same boat, Wonder would there be any chance of the OLSC looking into a coach transfer ?.
Flying wedge
mildsteel
Beginner

Post by mildsteel »

Hi , can someone tell how to get tickets for the Bath game in december please, was a season ticket holder last year but sadly not this year.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

mildsteel wrote:Hi , can someone tell how to get tickets for the Bath game in december please, was a season ticket holder last year but sadly not this year.
Bath will be selling them if they have any left after their season ticket holders get first dibs !.
Flying wedge
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

footrush wrote:
mildsteel wrote:Hi , can someone tell how to get tickets for the Bath game in december please, was a season ticket holder last year but sadly not this year.
Bath will be selling them if they have any left after their season ticket holders get first dibs !.
It will probably be easier to get a season ticket holder to buy you tickets from the Leinster allocation as Bath European tickets mostly sell out to their own season ticket holders
Mind you if they lose a few more matches the level of interest there could wane although their supporters are mainly the long suffering type that attend matches even if the team are playing badly unlike our legendary brothers
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Dundalk 1 wrote:
footrush wrote:
It will probably be easier to get a season ticket holder to buy you tickets from the Leinster allocation as Bath European tickets mostly sell out to their own season ticket holders
Mind you if they lose a few more matches the level of interest there could wane although their supporters are mainly the long suffering type that attend matches even if the team are playing badly unlike our legendary brothers
Always try and get a terrace ticket for this one !.
Flying wedge
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

footrush wrote:
DaveMr wrote:

Seem to be quite a few of us in the same boat, Wonder would there be any chance of the OLSC looking into a coach transfer ?.
Another two on the same flight; we would be game for joining up with others to book a bus / minibus.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Another two on the same flight; we would be game for joining up with others to book a bus / minibus.[/quote]
Seems like there will be a good few of us all trying to make the same flight it would be fantastic if it was possible to get some sort of transport direct from the game, in the past the OLSC have sometimes been able to organise a bus I wonder if this is still possible ?.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

This crowd, Centurian, seem to have a link with Bath Rugby so they might be happy to sort out coach travel for you to the airport. I guess you would need to have firm numbers etc first but it might be worth asking them about the possibility.

https://www.bathrugbytransport.co.uk/
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:This crowd, Centurian, seem to have a link with Bath Rugby so they might be happy to sort out coach travel for you to the airport. I guess you would need to have firm numbers etc first but it might be worth asking them about the possibility.

https://www.bathrugbytransport.co.uk/
Hi Domhnallj thanks for the info as always it’s the Away game against Wasps that I was wondering about ?.
Last edited by footrush on October 4th, 2018, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge