Getting to Toulon ?.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Getting to Toulon ?.

Post by footrush »

Any ideas ?, normally I make my own way but might be tempted with a package on this one, particularly as we would be at home if we reached the semi.
Flying wedge
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Getting to Toulon ?.

Post by domhnallj »

footrush wrote:Any ideas ?, normally I make my own way but might be tempted with a package on this one, particularly as we would be at home if we reached the semi.
Flight to Nice the train over to Toulon seems fairly straightforward.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Phil06
Graduate

Post by Phil06 »

Flights available now via Aer Lingus from Cork to Nice return. Out 4th, back 7th. €113 pp.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Update from the OLSC here

http://bit.ly/1jiiynP
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

sheepshagger wrote:Update from the OLSC here

http://bit.ly/1jiiynP
Thanks have reserved a room at the Celenya Hotel (near train station) just in case, arn't as many options in Toulon as I would have thought ?.
Bit the bullet and took a chance on the friday game being the Ulster one. Flying out ryanair Dublin/Luton 22.00 on the friday then Easy Jet Luton/Nice 06ish on sat bout 100 euros for both, (I have to be in work on friday so not an option for me), train Nice Toulon 10.25 in 12.11 as far as I can see though check it. Was looking at Luton/Nimes but could not find the right train link (worth checking however) that is the way I went to Montpellier last time, Nimes is a nice town, no idea how I'm getting back will wait. If the game is on friday it could be a pricey swim in Nice for me, but then again as the Elton John video there says "I'm still standin".
Last edited by footrush on January 19th, 2014, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Posted twice spent too much time tryin to sort flights out.
Flying wedge
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

There's rooms in the Ibis in Toulon centre for around the 50/60 mark, can be cancelled if you want to book Fri and Sat seperately.
Dont Panic!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Booked the Ibis Budget beside the stadium (used to be an Etap). Experience has taught me that theres no point in spending a fortune on a hotel I only intend on doing the three S's in!
I have Bumbleflex
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Dave Cahill wrote:Booked the Ibis Budget beside the stadium (used to be an Etap). Experience has taught me that theres no point in spending a fortune on a hotel I only intend on doing the three S's in!
Am booked in here (there?) the Fri, Sat and Sunday (3 different bookings) will cancel what i don't end up using. If Ryanair end up doing a same day option, will be on that.

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-5096-ibis- ... ndex.shtml
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sheepshagger wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Booked the Ibis Budget beside the stadium (used to be an Etap). Experience has taught me that theres no point in spending a fortune on a hotel I only intend on doing the three S's in!
Am booked in here (there?) the Fri, Sat and Sunday (3 different bookings) will cancel what i don't end up using. If Ryanair end up doing a same day option, will be on that.

http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-5096-ibis- ... ndex.shtml
Thats the one alright.
I have Bumbleflex
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Stayed in an Ibis in Bordeaux. Had a nice 'prison' vibe off it with bunk beds and all! Still, don't care where I stay really, just a place to throw the bags.

So there's a train from Nice? I didn't think there was.

Another option I was looking at is flying to Paris and getting the train to Toulon. It's 4 hours but works out cheap enough (about 180 returns for plane + train)
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

AdamK wrote:Stayed in an Ibis in Bordeaux. Had a nice 'prison' vibe off it with bunk beds and all! Still, don't care where I stay really, just a place to throw the bags.

So there's a train from Nice? I didn't think there was.

Another option I was looking at is flying to Paris and getting the train to Toulon. It's 4 hours but works out cheap enough (about 180 returns for plane + train)
Last time I tried to get from Nice to Marseilles (same route-ish) the feckin' train broke down for a few hours. Probably a once off but there were no announcements and it was pretty frustrating. Leave plenty of time is my advice.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Aer Lingus flights to Nice (Fri-Sun) are already over 600 smackers!!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Donny B. wrote:Aer Lingus flights to Nice (Fri-Sun) are already over 600 smackers!!
Am gambling on the Ulster game being on a friday and hoping ours is on a saturday in one of the two slots, then will spend sat night/sun trying to get home.
Flying wedge
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

footrush wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Aer Lingus flights to Nice (Fri-Sun) are already over 600 smackers!!
Am gambling on the Ulster game being on a friday and hoping ours is on a saturday in one of the two slots, then will spend sat night/sun trying to get home.
HC is always 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Roughly 15:00 and 17:30 kos on the Sat and 13:00 15:30 on a Sunday

Amlin is Friday (and sometimes Thursday) And late on Sat and Sun.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Apparently these are the times:

Ulster v Saracens, Sat April 5, 3.40pm

Toulon v Leinster, Sat April 5, 7pm

Clermont v Leicester, Sun April 6, 4.40pm

Munster v Toulouse, Sun April 6, 6pm

From the telegraph.

Yeah flying directly to Nice would be mad. Just make a connection somewhere else.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

AdamK wrote:Apparently these are the times:

Ulster v Saracens, Sat April 5, 3.40pm

Toulon v Leinster, Sat April 5, 7pm

Clermont v Leicester, Sun April 6, 4.40pm

Munster v Toulouse, Sun April 6, 6pm

From the telegraph.

Yeah flying directly to Nice would be mad. Just make a connection somewhere else.
Wouldn't trust those f%~kers at all.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

No. but the reality is it will be Saturday or Sunday... So I'm just gonna take the Monday off and look to stay for both nights.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I booked return flights from Dublin to nice with aer long us for 165 yoyos at half time of the clermont-racing game,needless to say I was bricking it when clermont repeatedly wasted try chances in the second half! It worked out as they're over 600 now!
If booking now I'd guess a package or Adam UK's flying to Paris option would be best.

I'd imagine we'd be better off staying in nice unless on a very short trip. Bigger,nicer town with less of a Sparta vibe than Toulon.I stayed in the villa St exipery there before, easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in but pricey enough.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

Dexter wrote:There's rooms in the Ibis in Toulon centre for around the 50/60 mark, can be cancelled if you want to book Fri and Sat seperately.
How does that work? I see they want CC details, assume they don't debit anything unless you fail to cancel/turn up?