Getting to Toulon ?.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Getting to Toulon ?.

Post by footrush »

johng wrote:
footrush wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Aer Lingus flights to Nice (Fri-Sun) are already over 600 smackers!!
Am gambling on the Ulster game being on a friday and hoping ours is on a saturday in one of the two slots, then will spend sat night/sun trying to get home.
HC is always 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Roughly 15:00 and 17:30 kos on the Sat and 13:00 15:30 on a Sunday

Amlin is Friday (and sometimes Thursday) And late on Sat and Sun.
Fantastic Donny should have known this, thats a big weight off, cheers :happy clapper: .
Flying wedge
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I am going on the Friday via Gatwick and Easyjet to Nice. Train is only c €30 to Toulon. Staying Grande Hotel de la Gare. Back Monday with BA via London ( using Avios air miles)
Have a look at Ryan Stansted to Toulon Hyres, seem to be priced at € 50 each way Dublin Stansted can be done for about €75 return

Better than Aer Lingus and there € 600 snots from Dublin
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

crisco10 wrote:
Dexter wrote:There's rooms in the Ibis in Toulon centre for around the 50/60 mark, can be cancelled if you want to book Fri and Sat seperately.
How does that work? I see they want CC details, assume they don't debit anything unless you fail to cancel/turn up?
Exactly, you pay at the hotel. You can cancel up until the day before.
Dont Panic!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Dexter wrote:
crisco10 wrote:
Dexter wrote:There's rooms in the Ibis in Toulon centre for around the 50/60 mark, can be cancelled if you want to book Fri and Sat seperately.
How does that work? I see they want CC details, assume they don't debit anything unless you fail to cancel/turn up?
Tell you something - that IBIS is going to have a fair amount of cancellations once the day is decided - along with other IBIS bookings in Clermont and Toulouse already cancelled. They are going to wonder what the hell is going on :-)

I've just cancelled all my non-Toulon "insurance policies"
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Thinking of making a week of it, Tuesday to Tuesday. Reasonable flights and have free accommodation in Nice so could work out nice and cheap!

Anyone else thinking of elongating their stay?
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

crisco10 wrote:
Be sure to book the Free Cancellation Option (which costs a little more), rather than cheaper option.
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

Green wrote:
crisco10 wrote:
Be sure to book the Free Cancellation Option (which costs a little more), rather than cheaper option.
Dexter wrote:
crisco10 wrote:
Cheers all. Will do that now! That cheaper IBIS was booked out. Went for the Ibis Styles instead.
simonno6 wrote:Thinking of making a week of it, Tuesday to Tuesday. Reasonable flights and have free accommodation in Nice so could work out nice and cheap!

Yup, friends in Nice, may extend the break into the week after the game.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Just booked for 3 of us and praying its the Saturday now. 2 nights for €430 each

Friday 4th April Dublin -> Stanstead 08:15 -> 09:30 Stanstead -> Toulon 12:00 -> 15:10
Sunday 6th April Stanstead -> Dublin 19:00 -> 20:15 Toulon -> Stanstead 15:35 -> 16:40

Flights from Dublin to Stanstead €135 each
Flights from Stanstead to Toulon €165 each
2 nights in the holiday inn (B&B and 1 dinner) €130 each
Benji
Knowledgeable

Post by Benji »

http://www.francetvsport.fr/rugby/h-cup ... s/journee7

Looks like Sat evening at 6 Irish time.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Benji wrote:http://www.francetvsport.fr/rugby/h-cup ... s/journee7

I don't care for these speculative game times. When will it formally be announced? There are enough alternatives to flying to Nice to make the travel a hassle but do-able. And a Saturday kick off virtually any time is preferable to Sunday for me.
Four Stars
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Benji wrote:http://www.francetvsport.fr/rugby/h-cup ... s/journee7

Saw that earlier on boards meant to post it here, and its sort of got me to jump.... Hope its right

ERC twitter https://twitter.com/ercrugby

#HeinekenCup & #AmlinCC QF dates & KOs will be announced later this week Announcement time will be issued in advance. pic.twitter.com/o3mD9PQLpf
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

RYANAIR Dublin T1 → Brussels (Charleroi) Fri, 04 Apr 2014 07:50 - 10:30 1 Adult, 50.99 EUR
Jetairfly.com Fri 04/04/2014 14:05 16:00 Charleroi Toulon €89.99
Total €141
roughly one pint cheaper as going through Stanstead that day at present, but the Stanstead price is already rising as it is the more obvious hub!
Doesn't work on the way back though because the Charleroi flight is late Sunday.......back through Stanstead or a.n. other mode of transport to a.n. other airport..... normal train or TGV perhaps....
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

simonno6 wrote:Thinking of making a week of it, Tuesday to Tuesday. Reasonable flights and have free accommodation in Nice so could work out nice and cheap!

Nice and cheap untill you see the price of a beer round that part of the world!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'll be there from the 3rd to the 7th anyway
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Coming home on the sunday, Easy Jet Nice/Gatwick,and Aer Lingus LGW/DUB is good value presently.
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

R-Dog wrote:

That's why God invented wine :wink:
12 County Army
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Gonzo wrote:
R-Dog wrote:

That's why God invented wine :wink:

:wink:
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Going to Nice on the Saturday, train to Toulon, but staying in Nice for a few nights. Love the town, plus all the hotels in Toulon seem to be booked up.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

also, our flight arrives into Nice at 14:20... Is that leaving it too tight (presuming kick off is in Toulon at 7pm)? Has anyone ever got the train to Toulon from Nice? Is it reliable etc?
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

AdamK wrote:also, our flight arrives into Nice at 14:20... Is that leaving it too tight (presuming kick off is in Toulon at 7pm)? Has anyone ever got the train to Toulon from Nice? Is it reliable etc?
Mentioned above I had trouble getting from Nice to Marseilles - no announcement provided but the train stopped for a couple of hours then off it took again. I got talking with a guy that was on his way for a job interview and he said it was becoming more common since the trains became privatised. Might have been a once off though.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation