Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ospreys v Leinster - Sat 12th Oct 6pm

Post by JB1973 »

The West stand is the first stand you come to if you approach from Town (is the side where the harvester and Frankie and bennies pubs are) and where the club shop is .

It has lots of vendors in the bottom of the stadium where you can get your average match day fayre eg overpriced hot dogs , chips and warm lager!

The premier seats are just that, you have the best seats in the stadium (on or around the 40 metre line) and generally where the players families are seated.

If your on row A you'll have no one in front of you and you'll even have a small concrete ledge to balance your pint on !!

The wheel chair seats are on the concourse between the upper and lower tiers of the stand so don't worry you won't be in there.

I'll be down there for the Ulster game next weekend so if you bump this thread I'll have a look to tell you gate you need to go in and what stairs you need to take
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

Xanthippe wrote:
Green wrote:In the process of attempting to purchase tickets for the game, I found myself being offered West Prem, Row A, Seats 105/106.
I then did my customary search online to try to find a seating plan, to find out exactly where these seats would be exactly (I roughly know where WU04/05).
I did not find the desired plan but I did find out how difficult it would be to produce an interactive seating plan for the Liberty stadium if I so desired :idea:

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/~csulrich/ftp/ ... ionOld.pdf

Anyone able to pin point these seats - any help greatly appreciated :D
Here's the seating plan from the Ospreys website which shows that, on the lower deck, there are only two premium sections WL4 and WL7. http://www.ospreysrugby.com/Page/Content/1622. So logically Row A seats 105/106 should be the front row in one or other of these sections.

Here's a more detailed plan - with a little time and patience it should be possible to enlarge the picture sufficiently to allow you to count the seats in the front row from section WL1 around to WL7 and thereby determine where 105 and 106 are located. http://www.swanseacity.net/documents/se ... 247552.pdf

Edit: Just had a closer look at that seating plan and it looks like row A is for wheelchairs so now I'm really confused!
JB1973 wrote:The West stand is the first stand you come to if you approach from Town (is the side where the harvester and Frankie and bennies pubs are) and where the club shop is .

It has lots of vendors in the bottom of the stadium where you can get your average match day fayre eg overpriced hot dogs , chips and warm lager!

The premier seats are just that, you have the best seats in the stadium (on or around the 40 metre line) and generally where the players families are seated.

If your on row A you'll have no one in front of you and you'll even have a small concrete ledge to balance your pint on !!

The wheel chair seats are on the concourse between the upper and lower tiers of the stand so don't worry you won't be in there.

I'll be down there for the Ulster game next weekend so if you bump this thread I'll have a look to tell you gate you need to go in and what stairs you need to take
Thank you both kindly.

I must try to file away stadium layouts for future bookings, as I always have to go looking for them everytime I book.
All the way back logue
Graduate

Post by All the way back logue »

Any good hotel suggestions - preferably close to/in town centre?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

All the way back logue wrote:Any good hotel suggestions - preferably close to/in town centre?
Whilst basic, the Travelodge is v central.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

sheepshagger wrote:
All the way back logue wrote:Any good hotel suggestions - preferably close to/in town centre?
They are the worst hotels ever.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

3 of us booked into The Dragon Hotel. Seems to be very central
elfan
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

domhnallj wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
They are the worst hotels ever.
They do the job when you're only there to sleep, when you get a room for £19 which I often do for away Pro12 games who cares.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

sheepshagger wrote:
They do the job when you're only there to sleep, when you get a room for £19 which I often do for away Pro12 games who cares.
I've never, ever, never, managed a nights sleep in one. Last time some asshole let off the fire alarm. 19 sheets is pretty good though.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

ok here goes

if you want something very posh head for Morgans which is the best and most expensive hotel in the centre of Swansea.
The next best would be the Marriott and the Dragon both central, (Dragon more so) both have a gym/pool , good restaurants, late night bar and you can walk to the city centre in 5 mins from either.
The Village is probably the next best is a bit further out of town but only a 5 minute taxi ride and say 10 mins taxi from the stadium, there is an ibis opposite which is a lot more basic but will do the job.

The travel lodge and the premier inns are right by the main set of pubs and bars so will be very lively but are well located if you want to get into the mix!

There are a load of b and bs in mumbles road which are fairly central and won't cost a lot.

Basically anything with an SA1 post code is going to be ok, if you want to stay away from the city centre the Mumbles area is very nice and less lively so look or anything with an SA3 post code (The Norton House and Patricks with rooms) would be the better ones there but again they more expensive
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Just realised that my match tickets have not arrived yet. Anybody get them yet?
elfan
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

havnt got them yet either, hopefuly they'l arrive by tues/wed
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

leinsterfan100 wrote:havnt got them yet either, hopefuly they'l arrive by tues/wed
Grand thanks. Not just me so
elfan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

elfan wrote:
leinsterfan100 wrote:havnt got them yet either, hopefuly they'l arrive by tues/wed
Grand thanks. Not just me so
Hope they arrive tomorrow so that I can sort out my travel arrangements.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Do we have to print them out or summat? Can't do anything with them in my ST Account.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Do we have to print them out or summat? Can't do anything with them in my ST Account.
Think it will be a paper ticket as it is coming from Ospreys. Still havent arrived monday morning, the game probably wont be a sell out if they dont arrive, was able to print out my away ticket for Northampton in Dec over a month ago at least that one is out of the way. From the Ospreys site looks like we might have the North Stand to ourselves, plenty of room to move around so.
Flying wedge
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Email just received from Leinster....

Unfortunately due to a logistical issue our allocation of tickets for the Ospreys fixture this weekend was delayed. These tickets arrived from Ospreys this morning and will be posted out to you this evening.
If for any reason your tickets have not arrived by the time of your travel this week Ospreys will have measures in place to reissue your ticket(s) at the ground on Saturday. Please bring a copy of this email which outlines your seat details below:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just got this e mail : "Unfortunately due to a logistical issue our allocation of tickets for the Ospreys fixture this weekend was delayed. These tickets arrived from Ospreys this morning and will be posted out to you this evening.
If for any reason your tickets have not arrived by the time of your travel this week Ospreys will have measures in place to reissue your ticket(s) at the ground on Saturday. Please bring a copy of this email which outlines your seat details below."
Seems like the Ospreys took their time posting them ?.
Flying wedge
TheMenace
Learner

Post by TheMenace »

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Then again, I ordered them about 4 weeks ago. If they don't arrive, just bring the card you booked them with and you'll be grand n'all n'anyways.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

TheMenace wrote:
I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Then again, I ordered them about 4 weeks ago. If they don't arrive, just bring the card you booked them with and you'll be grand n'all n'anyways.
Yep but you didn't order them through our allocation. Glad I bought my tickets for the Northanpton game directly from them, have them printed off for the last month. I know its not leinsters fault but if clubs keep delaying our allocation or sending cr@p tickets like Northampton may be gong to do " it definitely seems to be the case that visiting supporters are learning that the 'naughty corner' is not the best place to watch at FG and are going direct (which our new ticketing arrangements helps)." Then it seems to make more sense to buy from the clubs themselves even if it means we arn't all together.
Flying wedge
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Ticket arrived this morning fantastic considering the Branch just got them from Ospreys yesterday :happy clapper: . Looks like we will have the North lower stand to ourselves excellent.
Flying wedge