Exeter away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

nopeare
Graduate

Exeter away

Post by nopeare »

I know its a bit early since we don't know the dates, But got an e-mail last night Jurys are doing a sale tomorrow on hotel rooms tomorrow for 24hrs
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Exeter away

Post by sheepshagger »

nopeare wrote:I know its a bit early since we don't know the dates, But got an e-mail last night Jurys are doing a sale tomorrow on hotel rooms tomorrow for 24hrs
Do you have to prepay without a refund option? - if so its a gamble as could be Fri/Sat or Sunday.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Just FYI - I booked Premier Inn in Exter - beside the train station for £50 per room per night (twin rooms) on 48 hour cancellation i.e. not prepaid. When I checked that beat the best Jurys rate and is closer to the centre - 10 mins walk in.

As an aside - I am organising for 10 people and I have heard a number of people saying they were going. I get the feeling this could be well attended. Givent he capacity is 10k, would it be worthwhile letting the branch know that a decent number are thinking of going in order to take up a decent amount of allocation
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

sheepshagger wrote:
nopeare wrote:I know its a bit early since we don't know the dates, But got an e-mail last night Jurys are doing a sale tomorrow on hotel rooms tomorrow for 24hrs
Do you have to prepay without a refund option? - if so its a gamble as could be Fri/Sat or Sunday.
It didnt tell me that all it said was it was a 25% off sale http://email.jurysinns.com/view.aspx?ke ... 5nqvjasacd The doc is right if they got the Premier inn for £50 I booked Jurys in July and got it for £65 for a triple room (single and double) with the cancellation policy

@ the doc is jurys far out? I was told by someone that had stayed in Exeter before it was in the city centre? also I think you could be right on the ticket front I will have 8-12 lads going, I think Exeter being a new destination most people are interested
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

We have 6 going for weekend.
Into bristol out Exeter Sun pm
jurys booked. think 56 stg twin night.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Booked the Braeside Guesthouse looks fine, near station, £40. Got flybe sun 18.35 , hope its not a late sunday kick off ?.
Flying wedge
Wild Tooth
Beginner

Post by Wild Tooth »

Chiefs fan here.
Jurys is central town, and near to bus station, where you can get bus directly into stadium.
Looking forward to being at your place Saturday !! :D
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Booked back in July three reservations (so 2 can be cancelled once the date is confirmed)... Premier Inn for £45 a night.
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Wild Tooth wrote:Chiefs fan here.
Jurys is central town, and near to bus station, where you can get bus directly into stadium.
Looking forward to being at your place Saturday !! :D
Thanks wild tooth I booked it thinking it was central, looking forward to welcoming you all, have a safe journey.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

sheepshagger wrote:Booked back in July three reservations (so 2 can be cancelled once the date is confirmed)... Premier Inn for £45 a night.
Premier In is now £53 per night, which is okay. The Jury's Inn is coming up with a price of 70+ today, and its prepay.
Dont Panic!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Took a punt on the game being on Saturday or Sunday, got evening Ryanair flight to Bristol for 30 euros on the friday. Probably worth a shot as this game could decide the group :?: If so saturday afternoon would be the TV slot.
Flying wedge
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Blue not red blood wrote:We have 6 going for weekend.
Into bristol out Exeter Sun pm
jurys booked. think 56 stg twin night.
My 10 will be on the exact same. In to Bristol Fri morning - the thinking is that it doesn't matter what time the game is on.

Was thinking of looking in to getting a bus organised one way to Exeter - the train is £12 but I reckon we could get a bus for less and save the hassle of getting in to Bristol train station - If you are on teh morning flight to Bristol let me know if you have an interest

nopeare wrote:@ the doc is jurys far out? I was told by someone that had stayed in Exeter before it was in the city centre?.
I believe they are both central - but on slightly different sides of the town. One by the bus and the other by the train station. Walking distance to most places
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

Where are you seeing the train for £10, when I look its £30 one-way
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Well - the fares aren't out for the specific day yet - but I had looked at a random Friday and got £12. If I look now at the Friday prior I see £24. I assume by next week we will see that Friday and can get the exact fares then.

Edit - thetrainline.com is usually best for UK train fares
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

The Doc wrote:Well - the fares aren't out for the specific day yet - but I had looked at a random Friday and got £12. If I look now at the Friday prior I see £24. I assume by next week we will see that Friday and can get the exact fares then.

No. http://www.redspottedhanky.com/ do not charge a Credit/Debit Card fee and are far better than the rip off merchants at thetrainline.com. I wouldn't recommend trainline to anyone.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Hornet wrote:
The Doc wrote:Well - the fares aren't out for the specific day yet - but I had looked at a random Friday and got £12. If I look now at the Friday prior I see £24. I assume by next week we will see that Friday and can get the exact fares then.

No. http://www.redspottedhanky.com/ do not charge a Credit/Debit Card fee and are far better than the rip off merchants at thetrainline.com. I wouldn't recommend trainline to anyone.
Neither do a lot of the train companies if you book direct.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

sheepshagger wrote:
Hornet wrote:

Neither do a lot of the train companies if you book direct.
Many people here would not know which Train Companies operate in which parts of the UK. You can sometimes find that, for example, Arriva Trains Wales will offer better fares from Holyhead to London Euston than Virgin West Coast. The industry's fare expert has recommended redspottedhanky over many of the Train Company's site's, in offering the best value fares. He has been commentating on UK Rail fares for over 35 years and I would trust him over anyone else. See my post here:- http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... 12&t=21795
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

I look up the trains on trainline, find out from there who is operating the service of the train you want then go to their website and book (without any debit/credit card charges).
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

Any idea when the date is announced??
12 County Army
Rémy63
Bookworm

Post by Rémy63 »

Gonzo wrote:Any idea when the date is announced??
After the back to back games against Montferrand.
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"