HC final 2014.....will be in France

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Re: HC final 2014.....will be in France

Post by Slipper1 »

A couple of hacks on twitter are 99% certain it will be confirmed for Stade de France, Paris.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Slipper1 wrote:A couple of hacks on twitter are 99% certain it will be confirmed for Stade de France, Paris.
That's fine so long as we don't get the same shite with tickets we got in 09/10 - we bought two tickets the morning after the final in Edinburgh and when they arrived the following April we discovered they were in two different rows!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Xanthippe wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:A couple of hacks on twitter are 99% certain it will be confirmed for Stade de France, Paris.
That's fine so long as we don't get the same shite with tickets we got in 09/10 - we bought two tickets the morning after the final in Edinburgh and when they arrived the following April we discovered they were in two different rows!!!
When we got there for a match in the RWC in 2007, we found out that some of our seats didn't exist. We have six seats together, number 7-12, except the row stopped at 10.

Seriously.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oh well, guess I can cancel all my French hotel bookings for next May - Booking.com will not be best impressed with me!!!

Anyways, c'mon ERC - Rome in May can be quite beautiful.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

Xanthippe wrote:Oh well, guess I can cancel all my French hotel bookings for next May - Booking.com will not be best impressed with me!!!

Anyways, c'mon ERC - Rome in May can be quite beautiful.
Just read it there now, bit mad!
Anyway, I'm hopin for Edinburgh. Twas great craic in 09
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

Barcalona would get my vote although I would put my mortgage on it being London again as it would be by far the easiest for ERC to organise at such short notice
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

finchamdl wrote:Barcalona would get my vote although I would put my mortgage on it being London again as it would be by far the easiest for ERC to organise at such short notice
I hope it's Twicker's. I have a wedding to go to on the ACC Friday in West London, so I could kill two birds with one stone.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Cardiff are bidding for it, the MS is a hapy hunting groud for irish sides in the HC!
Shame there's no chance of a welsh side being in either final!
rpurfield
Beginner

Post by rpurfield »

finchamdl wrote:Barcalona would get my vote although I would put my mortgage on it being London again as it would be by far the easiest for ERC to organise at such short notice
theyve 11 months to organise it so id say cardiff and edinburgh are firmly in the running for it.would they ship it to italy for 2014 now??
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

The only times we have not won it since 2008, it has been in France (where it can't be next year) and Dublin (where it is unlikely to be next year but would love it if it was) So bring it on....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/

This will most likely rule out Edinburgh. In any case, the one in 09 was terribly organised, much as I do love the city. I'm not a fan of Cardiff as a city but the Millenium is fantastic so I'm pinning my hopes on there, especially after doing a quick check on the hotel prices in Rome for that weekend :shock: .
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Marathon would be well over before most rugby fans are out of bed.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

ribs wrote:Marathon would be well over before most rugby fans are out of bed.
Yeah but accomodation would be at a premium therefore putting off potential vistors.

My money is on Cardiff and an outsider might be Rome.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sheepshagger wrote:
ribs wrote:Marathon would be well over before most rugby fans are out of bed.
Yeah but accomodation would be at a premium therefore putting off potential vistors.

My money is on Cardiff and an outsider might be Rome.
Mine too.

In Edinburgh theres also policing to consider, opening parts of the city, closing others - huge disruption to a major city that already resembles a Time Team dig gone wild because of the trams
I have Bumbleflex
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

could pick a different weekend, or even just a different day. Tickets haven't been issued yet after-all.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Sheepshagger Tours is recommending booking a refundable room in Cardiff and cancel it if the final (and/or Leinster) don't end up being there. If it is Cardiff, hotel rates will sky rocket as soon as its confirmed as its notorious for having accomodation shortages for big event weekends.

Have booked the penthouse here http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-2936-ibis- ... ndex.shtml
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/

This will most likely rule out Edinburgh. In any case, the one in 09 was terribly organised, much as I do love the city. I'm not a fan of Cardiff as a city but the Millenium is fantastic so I'm pinning my hopes on there, especially after doing a quick check on the hotel prices in Rome for that weekend :shock: .
Too slow Donny - hotel rooms should have been provisionally booked within an hour of the announcement that France was off. Have rooms booked in Rome, London, Cardiff and Edinburgh (and in the case of the last three the hotels booed are the same ones we stayed in for previous finals).

Because of my planning I fully expect the ERC to go for Barcelona, Liverpool, Limerick or somewhere else - just to spite me
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

:cry: Guess we won't be going to Rome next May - might as well cancel the room booking.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

London, Cardiff and Edinburgh only in the mix...

http://dlvr.it/3Xy58d

My money is now on Cardiff.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Xanthippe wrote:
Donny B. wrote:http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/

Too slow Donny - hotel rooms should have been provisionally booked within an hour of the announcement that France was off. Have rooms booked in Rome, London, Cardiff and Edinburgh (and in the case of the last three the hotels booed are the same ones we stayed in for previous finals).

Because of my planning I fully expect the ERC to go for Barcelona, Liverpool, Limerick or somewhere else - just to spite me
I was too lazy, just got one room in Cardiff, so I'm actually rooting for that place, even though it's an awful dump of a city.

Still I'd take it over too big and too spread out London and Edinburgh with their sweaty marathon runners getting in the way of the proper gentlemen drinkers!