Treviso Away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Treviso Away

Post by mikey »

Anyone thinking of making the trip ? Looks like we can do it quite cost effectively (relatively!) from east midlands - wondering how many others might be heading out ? Team charter I guess will be the main option...
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Treviso Away

Post by aisling7 »

Booked on team charter.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

aisling7 wrote:Booked on team charter.

Cool - think we will do a DIY version - 2 nights, same hotel as the Charter - maybe we can sneak onto the coach!!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

mikey wrote:

Cool - think we will do a DIY version - 2 nights, same hotel as the Charter - maybe we can sneak onto the coach!!
What time is that flight at heading out on the Friday?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

nelly the elephant wrote:
mikey wrote:

What time is that flight at heading out on the Friday?

It's ok.....found it.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flight leaves at 3pm on Friday....

Not normally a fan of the charters are they are pricey compared to DIY but for the Italian fixtures they are good value and easier as they're hard places to get too.
bardcom
Beginner

Post by bardcom »

A group of us have decided to make our way over, not going the charter cos we are staying on for a few days hols.

Where do we get tickets for the game? Do you need to get them before we go?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

bardcom wrote:A group of us have decided to make our way over, not going the charter cos we are staying on for a few days hols.

Where do we get tickets for the game? Do you need to get them before we go?
Nope buy them at the gate.
bardcom
Beginner

Post by bardcom »

Ta. It'll hardly be a sell-out? I asked Leinster Rugby as well, and was pointed to the benettonrugby dot it website. Only thing is, I don't see any tickets for sale there.

So, at the gate it is then :-)
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

bardcom wrote:Ta. It'll hardly be a sell-out? I asked Leinster Rugby as well, and was pointed to the benettonrugby dot it website. Only thing is, I don't see any tickets for sale there.

So, at the gate it is then :-)
Won't be anywhere near a sellout.

They had them on sale online a few weeks back but they might be down now. We are on the charter and tickets come as part of that but as I say you'll get them on the day.
LarryB
Beginner

Post by LarryB »

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

sheepshagger wrote:Flight leaves at 3pm on Friday....

Not normally a fan of the charters are they are pricey compared to DIY but for the Italian fixtures they are good value and easier as they're hard places to get too.
Shagger we always reckoned they were pretty easy to get to, Parma you fly to Milan then train down or hire car if a group, you have choice then of early Aer Lingus into Linate and return from Malpensa at night, we are actually doing a day trip next Sunday by that route. Treviso depending on time of year is Ryanair to Treviso or Aer Lingus to Venice or if those are not running Milan again and the train across. Both Treviso and Parma are as easy to get to as any of the Welsh grounds and usually a similar price. All my flights are from Dublin by the way.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

rooster wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Flight leaves at 3pm on Friday....

Shagger we always reckoned they were pretty easy to get to, Parma you fly to Milan then train down or hire car if a group, you have choice then of early Aer Lingus into Linate and return from Malpensa at night, we are actually doing a day trip next Sunday by that route. Treviso depending on time of year is Ryanair to Treviso or Aer Lingus to Venice or if those are not running Milan again and the train across. Both Treviso and Parma are as easy to get to as any of the Welsh grounds and usually a similar price. All my flights are from Dublin by the way.
Agree with that. Have just booked Hotel and Flights for the Zebre game in April, covering all K.O. times Fri to Sun. In to LIN, out of MXP from DUB with EI. €250 p.p. Flights and 4* Hotel. Probably cheaper than the Charter. Went to Treviso a couple of seasons ago. Was easy to reach with the added benefit of lunch in Venice on Sunday before heading to Bergamo for the flight home. Thoroughly recommend the trip to anyone who has not been to those parts of Italy. And the food and vino is great.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I'm thinking about going to the Zebre away myself. Contemplated the charter but like you said it's very easy to get from Milano to Parma, ~60 minutes on the train. Lovely city too. Heartland of the Italian fine food industry.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Morf wrote:I'm thinking about going to the Zebre away myself. Contemplated the charter but like you said it's very easy to get from Milano to Parma, ~60 minutes on the train. Lovely city too. Heartland of the Italian fine food industry.

Last years trip was great fun so we will be there again I hope!!