Carpooling to London!

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Skinfull
Mullet

Carpooling to London!

Post by Skinfull »

I see a lot of people are travelling from all over the UK and I also noticed there are a bunch of us hiring cars and what not, so can I start a tread to compile all the carpooling options available?

Myself and Jackass are flying in via Leeds and have room in out back seat for 2 (comfortably) or 3 (bit of a squish for that length of a journey).

Should be in London by noon on Sat and leaving London between 10 and 11 on Sunday. 8)

These are our flights if anyone is on them already then lets join forces on the trek to London.
GOING OUT
From Dublin T1 (DUB) to Leeds Bradford (LBA)
Sat, 19May12 Flight FR 152 Depart DUB at 06:40 and arrive LBA at 07:40

COMING BACK
From Leeds Bradford (LBA) to Dublin T1 (DUB)
Sun, 20May12 Flight FR 153 Depart LBA at 16:00 and arrive DUB at 16:55
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
LeosLionCub

Re: Carpooling to London!

Post by LeosLionCub »

How much is the rental working out at? the Leeds flights are not too pricey (thought I'd checked every airport) but the trains are a bugger.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

LeosLionCub wrote:How much is the rental working out at? the Leeds flights are not too pricey (thought I'd checked every airport) but the trains are a bugger.
How do you mean? It works out at £94.10 return using the trainline.co.uk (out on Friday back to Leeds on Sunday) which is alright by UK standards. Not cheap I'll admit. However, you might try splitting the journey - it can work out a bit cheaper to do this rather than buy a ticket direct to London. Information can be found here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... kets#split
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Flying into Bristol for 7.35 on Saturday morning
Flying out of Bristol at 13.10 on Sunday
Staying in Teddington
Car already booked as even with only 2 people it still worked out handier than bus and train
Room for 2 more
PM if you are interested
Bogwoppit

Post by Bogwoppit »

I'm driving from Newcastle/Durham tomorrow evening if anybody wants a free lift. I'll be leaving at 3-4ish and could pick up anyone located near the A1 or M1.
Let me know.

Allan
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Wow really late replying here... its working out to about €25 each for the rental and petrol.
zinzan99
Beginner

Post by zinzan99 »

Hows it goin Skinfull. I sent you a PM there about the carpool. Cheers.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

replied!
zinzan99
Beginner

Post by zinzan99 »

Hey Darina,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the Carpool. Hope you managed to enjoy the day and the pints after ye got the car parked. Great win, great weekend.

Richie said to say thanks too. id say you might be able to get a few speeding tickets quashed if your up in the Finglas area in future.

All the best,

Paddy