Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

aisling7
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2436
Joined: October 22nd, 2006, 2:42 pm
Location: Meath

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by aisling7 »

mikey wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Last season we were sitting on the side of the tunnel (the Grandstand) and we smuggled Degz in IIRC.
So you were not on the tv at all???

I was sure we were sitting with you......

But I've drunk alot of wine and therefore could easily be mistaken!
We were all together on the grandstand side. Fact.

User avatar
Leinster Exile
Mullet
Posts: 1347
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 10:23 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Leinster Exile »

I presume its easy enough to pick up a ticket on the day?

User avatar
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen
Posts: 12045
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Location: The nearest KFC licking my fingers
Contact:

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by sheepshagger »

Leinster Exile wrote:I presume its easy enough to pick up a ticket on the day?
Risky....Could be a sell out :wink:

User avatar
mikey
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2715
Joined: October 14th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Location: Banbury

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by mikey »

aisling7 wrote:
mikey wrote:
aisling7 wrote:Last season we were sitting on the side of the tunnel (the Grandstand) and we smuggled Degz in IIRC.
So you were not on the tv at all???

I was sure we were sitting with you......

But I've drunk alot of wine and therefore could easily be mistaken!
We were all together on the grandstand side. Fact.
glad I did not put any money on it.....I was convonced we were the other side and on the tv......

but heh

just as long as we are all together next week....

User avatar
Leinster Exile
Mullet
Posts: 1347
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 10:23 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Leinster Exile »

sheepshagger wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:I presume its easy enough to pick up a ticket on the day?
Risky....Could be a sell out :wink:
Good point !

User avatar
Skinfull
Mullet
Posts: 1678
Joined: August 15th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Skinfull »

Okay so we'll pick up tickets for the Ninan stand. Now... pre game boozing?
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk

User avatar
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen
Posts: 12045
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 12:47 pm
Location: The nearest KFC licking my fingers
Contact:

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by sheepshagger »

Seems this trip can still be done for under €200 all in

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Official- ... 6189359637

User avatar
Degz
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2324
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Degz »

Skinfull wrote:Okay so we'll pick up tickets for the Ninan stand. Now... pre game boozing?
It has been known to be Walkabout.

I usually just hit the enticing concrete corridors of the Stadium myself.

User avatar
Degz
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2324
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Degz »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leinsterbl ... hotostream

I can honestly say, thats the first time I've seen that!

User avatar
mikey
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2715
Joined: October 14th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Location: Banbury

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by mikey »

Degz wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/leinsterbl ... hotostream

I can honestly say, thats the first time I've seen that!
You and me both.....

berniemac67
Mullet
Posts: 1259
Joined: May 25th, 2009, 10:25 am

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by berniemac67 »

Have never been to the Blues ground before and contemplating bringing the kid along. Is it worth buying tickets in advance or better to wait until Sat afternoon at the ground?
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill

User avatar
Degz
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2324
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Degz »

berniemac67 wrote:Have never been to the Blues ground before and contemplating bringing the kid along. Is it worth buying tickets in advance or better to wait until Sat afternoon at the ground?
I suggest you wait until Sat. In no way shape or form is this likely to be a sell out, and you may well pick up a freebie on your way to the ground. Plus, I'm still not sure where we'll all be. Ninian Stand hopefully, but not set in stone as of yet.

aisling7
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2436
Joined: October 22nd, 2006, 2:42 pm
Location: Meath

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by aisling7 »

I think we should all try and get to the ground for 5:15 at the latest and then head into the ground straight away. Buy tickets for the Ninian Stand if at all possible and we can all sit together. Try and aim for the 22 on the right hand side of the tunnel as you look at it - plan?

User avatar
mikey
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2715
Joined: October 14th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Location: Banbury

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by mikey »

aisling7 wrote:I think we should all try and get to the ground for 5:15 at the latest and then head into the ground straight away. Buy tickets for the Ninian Stand if at all possible and we can all sit together. Try and aim for the 22 on the right hand side of the tunnel as you look at it - plan?

Plan

Meet outside the ticket ofice and buy en masse - or, if we know numbers I coud call up and order them all so we know we are together?..happy to arrange that if we know how many we need.

Do you think we can bring the dog into the ground - he watches Leinster at home and we dont want to leave him in the car!....

User avatar
Degz
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2324
Joined: May 16th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by Degz »

Plan.

I'll be there from half three anyhow. Seconded two of the hordes of mordor for the day.

aisling7
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2436
Joined: October 22nd, 2006, 2:42 pm
Location: Meath

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by aisling7 »

We can just meet outside the ticket office then..... we can say earlier if people prefer?? 4:45...... to allow for the rush of people :)

Checked in and ready for my flight now too - arriving tomorrow!

See you on Saturday :)

User avatar
mikey
Rhys Ruddock
Posts: 2715
Joined: October 14th, 2006, 10:27 pm
Location: Banbury

Re: Pro12 - Cardiff v Leinster - 6/7/8 January

Post by mikey »

aisling7 wrote:We can just meet outside the ticket office then..... we can say earlier if people prefer?? 4:45...... to allow for the rush of people :)

Checked in and ready for my flight now too - arriving tomorrow!

See you on Saturday :)
Cu tomorrow then

Post Reply