Llanelli Away

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Right - the red eye flight out Saturday morning, back Sunday afternoon. .EUR 55 plus baggage charge (since we wont be able to take anything on board) plus the train from Bristol to Llanelli . . .mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :idea:

I wonder if Apple had any luck with the branch, I know he was looking at getting a few seats (for supporters) on the charter flight over with the team :?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sheepshagger wrote:I wonder if Apple had any luck with the branch, I know he was looking at getting a few seats (for supporters) on the charter flight over with the team :?
I'm gonna wait and see what he comes back with before I do anything
Summer is ready when you are

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Haven't looked into accommodation yet, but have people decided where they're staying yet? This is one of the few games where all I need to do is put a bit of petrol in my car, so quite a cheap game for me!
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

Eve wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:I wonder if Apple had any luck with the branch, I know he was looking at getting a few seats (for supporters) on the charter flight over with the team :?
Has he come back with anything yet eve? if its not too expensive I'll do it but have hotel booked for Connacht the following week.
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Beer Baron wrote:
Eve wrote:
Has he come back with anything yet eve? if its not too expensive I'll do it but have hotel booked for Connacht the following week.
Hoping to have some news for us on Friday.

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Eve wrote:
Beer Baron wrote:
Eve wrote: I'm gonna wait and see what he comes back with before I do anything
Hoping to have some news for us on Friday.
Considering driving to Rosslare and getting ferry + train. The 8am ferry (Saturday) connects to the train in Fishguard and arrives in Llanelli at about 3:30pm. The train leaving Llanelli at 00:01 (Sunday) connects with the 3:30 sailing from Fishguard, and arrives Rosslare at 7am. Back to Dublin from there (2:30 hours) You can book a berth on the ferry, when you embark, if you want but the Pullman seats at rear of ferry are comfy enough to get some kip.

Did the trip 2 years ago with Darce's parents. The cost of walk-on ferry + return train worked out at about €35 back then.
T - 45
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Had a meeting with Killester Travel this morning and I put forward our arguments.

The long and short of it is that they are prepared to re-examine the cost of the Agen trip so we will have to wait until Paddy gets back to us on that.

As for the ML, I am hoping to have prices for the three interprovincial and a few selected away games by the end of next week. The day trips to the provinces will most likely be as before €85 and will include travel, a meal, a few drinks and match ticket but this is subject to confirmation.

Llanelli will be the first trip 'abroad' so watch this space.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

apple sourz wrote:Had a meeting with Killester Travel this morning and I put forward our arguments.

The long and short of it is that they are prepared to re-examine the cost of the Agen trip so we will have to wait until Paddy gets back to us on that.

As for the ML, I am hoping to have prices for the three interprovincial and a few selected away games by the end of next week. The day trips to the provinces will most likely be as before €85 and will include travel, a meal, a few drinks and match ticket but this is subject to confirmation.

Llanelli will be the first trip 'abroad' so watch this space.
I'll have five Mulletov Cocktails, please :)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

I remember last year when we worked out the price of the killester trip to Musgrave, we reckoned that it was a fairly competetive price at €85
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

limecat wrote:I remember last year when we worked out the price of the killester trip to Musgrave, we reckoned that it was a fairly competetive price at €85
Definitely was.....if you add up train, taxi from train station, nice meal, couple of drinks and match ticket we got a bargain imo! Not to mention the sheer convenience of being dropped right to and picked up from the stadium. I'd go with Killester again for the Interprovincials.

apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

As far as I'm aware the away Munster fixture is being played at Thomond which is better again. He seemed pretty happy with the €85 price tag and those who travelled considered it good value for money so I'd be fairly confident the trips to Munster and Ulster will go ahead. Connacht may be a problem if it is to be played on the Friday.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

apple sourz wrote:As far as I'm aware the away Munster fixture is being played at Thomond which is better again. He seemed pretty happy with the €85 price tag and those who travelled considered it good value for money so I'd be fairly confident the trips to Munster and Ulster will go ahead. Connacht may be a problem if it is to be played on the Friday.
Well done Apple. Will they want early commitments on numbers?
A proud Winsome Fluter
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Honestly I think you may need to commit early yourself. I can see the seats going very quickly for those trips.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

At 85 a pop (for the ML games within Ireland) - I''ll be booking as soon as they are released. . .you couldnt do it cheaper yourself :)
Hacker G
Knowledgeable

Post by Hacker G »

If anyone is heading over for this game, where are you staying? Doesn't seem to be a lot of options in Llanelli (doesn't seem to be a lot of anything there from what I can see :? ), but if anyone has any suggestions from previous visits...
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Heres one that doesnt look to bad

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/make_a_boo ... &x=91&y=17

Its Postcode is SA14 and the grounds is SA15 so it should be close (not sure if theres much around it though :?

Sadly there is No IBIS (official hotel chain for Leinster away games) nearby :(
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

If I take the old car with 5 in. it works out

98 euro each return

out the morning of the game
back by 6 on sunday

Any takers?
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Malahide Mullet wrote:If I take the old car with 5 in. it works out

98 euro each return

back by 6 on sunday

Any takers?
How many hours drive is it to Llanelli?

and no, there is no way I'd get in a car with you :lol:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

harryp wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:If I take the old car with 5 in. it works out

98 euro each return

back by 6 on sunday

Any takers?
How many hours drive is it to Llanelli?

and no, there is no way I'd get in a car with you :lol:
Better 2 leave the car in Rosslare and use the train service from Fishguard to Llanelli. Roads around that area are not the best (according to reports) and its only a 2:30hr rail journey. Also, it leaves you free to have a pint (if you want )
T - 45
Hacker G
Knowledgeable

Post by Hacker G »

sheepshagger wrote:Heres one that doesnt look to bad

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/make_a_boo ... &x=91&y=17

Its Postcode is SA14 and the grounds is SA15 so it should be close (not sure if theres much around it though :?

Sadly there is No IBIS (official hotel chain for Leinster away games) nearby :(
You should check out where that is on the map - it seems a fair bit away from the town to be honest...

You heading over yourself?