HEC Round 3 - Bath Rugby v Leinster - Sunday 11 December

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Leinster Exile
Mullet

Re: HEC Round 3 - Bath Rugby v Leinster - Sunday 11 December

Post by Leinster Exile »

Hornet wrote:
elfan wrote: Fack!! Thanks for heads up on that hornet. you think one hour?
Was diverted once before on my way to Llanelli for a match. That was on a Saturday, and the diversionary route put an hour on the journey. The minimum time of a diversion between Reading and Bath would be about 40/45 minutes. It's a longer route and a bit twisty after Trowbridge. Your service is due in at Bath at 11:45 approx without the diversion. With the diversion it would be a 12:30 (approx) arrival. If all went well you would be in the Rec at K.O. but it is very tight. Hope that helps.
Probably the Bradford on Avon diversion. I've done it before when didcot was out of action
GusG

Post by GusG »

First time poster, long time lurker!

Just found out that I'll be in the south west region next week with work.....every cloud has a silver lining!

Wondering if anyone has 1 spare ticket due to cancellation etc?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

I've 1 stand ticket available as my mate cannot get a flight. £35 will sort it. The downside is you'll have to sit next to me
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Leinster Exile wrote:I've 1 stand ticket available as my mate cannot get a flight. £35 will sort it. The downside is you'll have to sit next to me
PM sent.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Has anyone any advice/experience with parking in Bath on a matchday ? Will be driving down from London in the morning and looking to shoot back straight after so ideally like to be as close as possible to the ground.It doesn't have to be free (the parking that is) !
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

HUDSOC wrote:Has anyone any advice/experience with parking in Bath on a matchday ? Will be driving down from London in the morning and looking to shoot back straight after so ideally like to be as close as possible to the ground.It doesn't have to be free (the parking that is) !
There is a supermarket (Morrisons?) / shopping centre that shares a carpark with the HIlton hotel that is a stones throw from the ground. Presumably you could park in there (just pay).

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder ... n=-2.35228
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

sheepshagger wrote:
HUDSOC wrote:Has anyone any advice/experience with parking in Bath on a matchday ? Will be driving down from London in the morning and looking to shoot back straight after so ideally like to be as close as possible to the ground.It doesn't have to be free (the parking that is) !
There is a supermarket (Morrisons?) / shopping centre that shares a carpark with the HIlton hotel that is a stones throw from the ground. Presumably you could park in there (just pay).

Ok many thanks - a good idea.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

HUDSOC wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Ok many thanks - a good idea.
It might actually be worth parking a bit away from the ground if you want a quick getaway after the game. . you could be stuck getting out whereas if your on the outskirts you might get out faster.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Could try the main Railway Station car park. Should not be too difficult to get away from, and the Station is a short walk to the Rec.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Hornet wrote:
Could try the main Railway Station car park. Should not be too difficult to get away from, and the Station is a short walk to the Rec.
The railway station is usually choca. There is a new car park underneath south gate shopping area(I once got stuck there for 40 mins on match day).
The best car park i find is the all day car park off Marlborough lane and Charlotte Street, however its on the bristol side
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Plenty of Park and ride places on either side of city , however the bus que is normally a bit mad
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Leinster Exile wrote:Plenty of Park and ride places on either side of city , however the bus que is normally a bit mad
Yep thanks for all the tips - am coming around to the idea of Park and Ride in that even if there might be a bit of hassle getting on the bus,at least when get back to the car can usually get away quickly rather and avoid the risk of getting stuck trying to get out of the city centre.Old style full-back here I'm afraid (safety first !).
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

What time do the pubs open - or is there anywhere near the ground for brekkie? We are staying in Chippenham and will be driving in from the east so some grub and a couple of pints before the match would be nice :)
12 County Army
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Leinster Exile wrote:
Hornet wrote:
The railway station is usually choca. There is a new car park underneath south gate shopping area(I once got stuck there for 40 mins on match day).
The best car park i find is the all day car park off Marlborough lane and Charlotte Street, however its on the bristol side

Ended up using the carpark in Charlotte St. - relatively easy to find even coming in from ther M4 (London) side and not too far to walk to the ground.After the game ok getting out of the carpark itself though slow getting away from the City but that was only to expected.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

elfan wrote:
Hornet wrote:
elfan wrote:
Fack!! Thanks for heads up on that hornet. you think one hour?
Was diverted once before on my way to Llanelli for a match. That was on a Saturday, and the diversionary route put an hour on the jou
rney. The minimum time of a diversion between Reading and Bath would be about 40/45 minutes. It's a longer route and a bit twisty after Trowbridge. Your service is due in at Bath at 11:45 approx without the diversion. With the diversion it would be a 12:30 (approx) arrival. If all went well you would be in the Rec at K.O. but it is very tight. Hope that helps.
Fair play for all the info hornet. May try to re plan . Not sure if I can. Tks again
No delays in the end. Even had time for a swift pint in the huntsman and a burger on way to ground.
elfan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

elfan wrote: No delays in the end. Even had time for a swift pint in the huntsman and a burger on way to ground.
Yes. I was presently surprised to find my journey unaffected.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Shane Horgan was on my train from Bristol at half eleven. You'd have thought he'd have got the charter over with the team?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Degz wrote:Shane Horgan was on my train from Bristol at half eleven. You'd have thought he'd have got the charter over with the team?
Maybe he did. He might have been out on Sat night in Brizzle
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Degz wrote:Shane Horgan was on my train from Bristol at half eleven. You'd have thought he'd have got the charter over with the team?

dont just tempt us with stories of shane - did you ask him when he will be gracing the field of play for us again???????
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

mikey wrote:

dont just tempt us with stories of shane - did you ask him when he will be gracing the field of play for us again???????
Train was rammers, couldn't get near the big man.