HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 November

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Rubadubdub

Re: HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 Novem

Post by Rubadubdub »

mikey wrote:Looks like hertz is open - or at least they say they are! So car hired!!phew sweaty moments!
I've hired cars at Carcassonne and Monpellier a couple of times recently and offer the following in the hope it might help avoid another sweaty moment ...

"I see, ... you didn't sprint from the aircraft straight to the 2 car-hire desks that serve all the different firms so you were at the back of the 2 hour queue. You were in a hurry to get away and mindful that you must check the bodywork coz that's the really big gotcha. Then it turned out to be a Renault and you struggled with the fact that there was no key, handbrake or spare wheel. You were distracted by worries about driving on the right. You knew you had to check the Fuel gauge but couldn't figure out how to get the gauges to work ( doesn't everyone know you depress the clutch or footbrake and then switch the engine on by pressing the button on the dashboard ?). The nice lady with the charming features assured you it was fuelled up and ready to go and "E" meant FULL in Spanish, and the car had just come from Barcelona. And now you want Hertz to refund the €80 you spent on fuel 5 minutes after you drove away, when we closed the office until the next day and never took the phone off voicemail ?"

Always check the tank is full before driving away. I got shafted once in CCF and once in MPL, and am beginning to suspect there's a conspiracy at work. But Hertz put it to rights coz I had all my receipts with timestamps etc and the odometer didn't reflect the fuel consumption and I'm a Hertz #1 Club member. But t'would've been much easier all round if I had insisted the tank was empty and made them fill it to start with. So, don't be in a hurry to get away. Take your time and make sure the fuel tank is full and any blemish on the bodywork is recorded in both yours and their copy of the paperwork and initialled by them before you go anywhere.

Make sure you get a receipt for the fuel you purchase. They'll want to see it as proof when you return the vehicle. There's a handy Filling Station near CCF at the Rond-Point de l'Univers roundabout on Boulevard Henry Bouffet (straight through the roundabout at the exit from the car-hire car park at CCF then left at the next roundabout and right at the next one. It's mostly unmanned, so self-service and self-pay with a debit (not credit ) card at the pump but it will give you a receipt if you press the right button.

Bon voyage
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny B. wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tres excellente (or something!) Is it near an Irish pub that may show the soccer on Friday?
Think Fitzpatricks is close to Place de la Comedie.

Can anyone find the OLSC away guide. Said in the Leinster squad announcement that it's up on the Leinster site but I can't find it.
Believe it's due to be on the site in the morning.
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Donny B. wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tres excellente (or something!) Is it near an Irish pub that may show the soccer on Friday?
Think Fitzpatricks is close to Place de la Comedie.
Very close, "a stone's throw" as they say themselves, here's a link http://www.go-montpellier.fr/fitzpatricks/

As for L'Entrecote restaurant :roll: If you are just looking for "fuel" to last the night in the pub that sort of factory canteen is just the place & thats fine, I may even end up there myself :oops: . IF you want real french cooking Montpelier is full of small local resto's all around the centre of town which will offer more than steak & chips :mrgreen: . Depends where your interests lie :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sheepshagger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Can anyone find the OLSC away guide. Said in the Leinster squad announcement that it's up on the Leinster site but I can't find it.
Believe it's due to be on the site in the morning.
Ah grand. Cheers
OLSC Committee
Knowledgeable

Post by OLSC Committee »

Our away guide is now available for download. For those with an iphone/ipad you can also save the file as a PDF in ibooks and read for free abroad.

This includes details of our Supporters HQ. Centrally located with pint specials, late bar, free wifi, screens to watch other HC games across the weekend as well as the football on Friday night - we hope to see you there at some point over the weekend.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/olsc/away_guides.php
Please email your feedback/suggestions/comments to olsc 'at' leinsterrugby.ie as we may miss it on the forum

Join us on Facebook: Official Leinster Supporters Club
Follow us on Twitter: OLSCRugby
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Excellent stuff OLSC :happy clapper:

I'm in the Mosson stand having got my tickets through MHRC but I'll find my way to Fitzgeralds :wink:

Really great guide :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

4PP wrote:Excellent stuff OLSC :happy clapper:

I'm in the Mosson stand having got my tickets through MHRC but I'll find my way to Fitzgeralds :wink:

See you there 4PP - I'll be the one wearing blue :wink:
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

sheepshagger wrote:
4PP wrote:Excellent stuff OLSC :happy clapper:

See you there 4PP - I'll be the one wearing blue :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Yum....have we booked??!!

If its half as good as a very similar place in Paris that we've eaten at - http://www.relaisdevenise.com/ - then it should be just the job for post Rugby nosh....
Last edited by mikey on November 8th, 2011, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

OLSC Committee wrote:Our away guide is now available for download. For those with an iphone/ipad you can also save the file as a PDF in ibooks and read for free abroad.

This includes details of our Supporters HQ. Centrally located with pint specials, late bar, free wifi, screens to watch other HC games across the weekend as well as the football on Friday night - we hope to see you there at some point over the weekend.

Quality - I especially like the rather unhappy Munster fan lower centre of the picture on the links page of the leinster site!!!
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Looks like we are going to get wet, http://france.meteofrance.com/france/me ... lle/341720
Rain forecast all week in Monty. Local supporters forum are getting worked up about the match being postponed. I don't think will happen as they would forfeit 4 pts. They could possibly move it though, though God knows where to! All of the south is drowned!

It might make for a mudbath but I can't imagine it not going ahead ............................. unless the Mosson breaks its banks :shock: ....................... in any case its not the clubs decision, its down to the local authorities :roll:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

4PP wrote:
As for L'Entrecote restaurant :roll: If you are just looking for "fuel" to last the night in the pub that sort of factory canteen is just the place & thats fine, I may even end up there myself :oops: . IF you want real french cooking Montpelier is full of small local resto's all around the centre of town which will offer more than steak & chips :mrgreen: . Depends where your interests lie :wink:
Looks like 20 years in France have ground you down and you have caught "food snobbery" :lol:

Somewhere that actually sells steak (as opposed to just burgers) MUST be posh. After a Rugby match all you need is a big steak that you can put under the table and bark at.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

NB. Does not reflect the views of Leinsterfans an a whole. You may replace the word you with I as required.
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

johng wrote:
4PP wrote:
Looks like 20 years in France have ground you down and you have caught "food snobbery" :lol:

Somewhere that actually sells steak (as opposed to just burgers) MUST be posh. After a Rugby match all you need is a big steak that you can put under the table and bark at.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

NB. Does not reflect the views of Leinsterfans an a whole. You may replace the word you with I as required.
:green clap:

1- Not in the slightest my friend :lol: I will no doubt end up there myself after several Ricard to whet my appetite :mrgreen:

2- just be carefull how you get it cooked, when its done right it can still "moo" back at you :lol: :lol: :lol: which leaves most Irish people I know green around the gills :mrgreen:

But then as you so rightly point out, I'm away 20 years, maybe "people have heard of sundried tomatoes ?" :wink:
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

The stands will be all blue, both Leinster & Montpellier but on the pitch Monty will be in black(ish)!

Something to do with greek dietys "the three Graces" the statue on the Place de la Comedie.
They represent seduction,beauty, nature & human creativity & fertility no less!

Can't get the picture up but here's a link if you're doing nothing else :D

http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/news/le-no ... -h-cup.php
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Great work OLSC. Quality guide!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

johng wrote:
4PP wrote:

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Don't mind him: he's a problem with the French, doesn't even dig their wine which is quite obviously the best in the world. Must have been a bird in his youth. And how getting some taste for food rather than seeing it as something to be tolerated is getting "ground down"... facepalm.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

fourthirtythree wrote: Don't mind him: he's a problem with the French, doesn't even dig their wine which is quite obviously the best in the world. Must have been a bird in his youth. And how getting some taste for food rather than seeing it as something to be tolerated is getting "ground down"... facepalm.
I've no problem with the French at all. I've a problem with the Irish and the English using their food/wine/language to outsnob each other.
(Not meaning you of course, just people in general)
The French are great, if a little arrogant at times, and difficult to understand in their ways, and reasons for doing things.

I think they look at life very differently to us. Not better or worse but very differently.

I bet even 4PP who has been there so long would struggle to explain it in a way we would understand.
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

johng wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote: Don't mind him: he's a problem with the French, doesn't even dig their wine which is quite obviously the best in the world. Must have been a bird in his youth. And how getting some taste for food rather than seeing it as something to be tolerated is getting "ground down"... facepalm.
I've no problem with the French at all. I've a problem with the Irish and the English using their food/wine/language to outsnob each other.
(Not meaning you of course, just people in general)
The French are great, if a little arrogant at times, and difficult to understand in their ways, and reasons for doing things.

I think they look at life very differently to us. Not better or worse but very differently.

I bet even 4PP who has been there so long would struggle to explain it in a way we would understand.

- I agree that there are the rare few who after two trips to the Cote D'Azur return home thinking themselves "a style above buttermilk" as my Granny used to say :lol: . Not my case, I don't pretend to know anything about anything bar knowing what I like :mullet 1:

- Funny that, I've lived in the UK & here & I find the French & the English very very similar :roll:

- Well,.....what I'll say is...........That..........Well...........Yes, ............they are.................. but then again................ et puis merde!.C'est la Vie :clap:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

4PP wrote:
johng wrote: I bet even 4PP who has been there so long would struggle to explain it in a way we would understand.

- I agree that there are the rare few who after two trips to the Cote D'Azur return home thinking themselves "a style above buttermilk" as my Granny used to say :lol: . Not my case, I don't pretend to know anything about anything bar knowing what I like :mullet 1:

- Funny that, I've lived in the UK & here & I find the French & the English very very similar :roll:

- Well,.....what I'll say is...........That..........Well...........Yes, ............they are.................. but then again................ et puis merde!.C'est la Vie :clap:
Exactly. :? :wink:
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

OLSC Committee wrote:Our away guide is now available for download. For those with an iphone/ipad you can also save the file as a PDF in ibooks and read for free abroad.

Great guide guys!!! I''m already buzzing and CAN NOT wait!!!! See you in Monty!!
French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby