HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 November

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Re: HEC Round 1 - Montpellier v Leinster - Saturday 12 Novem

Post by aisling7 »

For anyone looking to park at Dublin Airport next weekend - they are offering 3 days for the price of 2 in the short term car park.

I just booked Friday morning – Monday morning (it gives you the extra time) for €19.90.

Bit of a bargain.
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

aisling7 wrote:For anyone looking to park at Dublin Airport next weekend - they are offering 3 days for the price of 2 in the short term car park.

I just booked Friday morning – Monday morning (it gives you the extra time) for €19.90.

Bit of a bargain.
Thanks for that, just booked it
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

Hi guys

Does someone know where the lads are staying? (I dont want to stalk them - just want to :green clap: when they will leave for the stadium...)

Thanks and see you in Montpellier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

"French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby"

Chapeau Sandrine :happy clapper:

You're not my wife under a pseudo by any chance :lol:

Like you she is 100% French but is known as the "Irlandaise" au boulot due to her total support of Irish rugby over French :green clap: .

Have to admit she does not come from a rugby family but she just can't stand the general arrogance of Blanco et al.

Mes hommages Madame/oisselle :wink:
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

4PP wrote:"French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby"

Like you she is 100% French but is known as the "Irlandaise" au boulot due to her total support of Irish rugby over French :green clap: .

Have to admit she does not come from a rugby family but she just can't stand the general arrogance of Blanco et al.

Thanks 4PP!
Before moving to Ireland in 2004 I was already watching the 6N matches and cheering for the Irish.. Moving to Ireland and Dublin just got me more and more into rugby.. I am so proud to be "Irish", I'm wearing with pride my green and blue jerseys! I have never supported the French and will never do it. I hate their arrogance so much!!! For personal reason I'm back in France since Sept but will be back in Dublin by next Summer... I CANT WAIT!! I miss it so much! I'm so happy to go to Montpellier and be with my rugby family and get behind the boys! I've missed it SO much!!!
Once back in Dublin, I will get my second tattoo designed by a fellow Leinster/Irish supporter and it will sum up everything, "My blood is French, my heart is Irish" will be part of the tattoo.. Im so excited to get it!! The first tattoo sums up my 8 years in Ireland (before moving back to France)... and the second one will reinforce the love and pride I have about MY green country!!
:D
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Sandrine wrote:

Thanks 4PP!
Before moving to Ireland in 2004 I was already watching the 6N matches and cheering for the Irish.. Moving to Ireland and Dublin just got me more and more into rugby.. I am so proud to be "Irish", I'm wearing with pride my green and blue jerseys! I have never supported the French and will never do it. I hate their arrogance so much!!! For personal reason I'm back in France since Sept but will be back in Dublin by next Summer... I CANT WAIT!! I miss it so much! I'm so happy to go to Montpellier and be with my rugby family and get behind the boys! I've missed it SO much!!!
Once back in Dublin, I will get my second tattoo designed by a fellow Leinster/Irish supporter and it will sum up everything, "My blood is French, my heart is Irish" will be part of the tattoo.. Im so excited to get it!! The first tattoo sums up my 8 years in Ireland (before moving back to France)... and the second one will reinforce the love and pride I have about MY green country!!

Well Holy God!

Sandrine cherie (if I may be so informel !) the only way I can be sure you are not my nearest & dearest is the admission of tatoos :lol:

The jerseys? She has them all, from all 4PP, but maybe we are just to old to indulge in body art :wink:

Delighted to hear you love my "home", I do too :happy clapper:

4PP(26)
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

4PP wrote:
Sandrine wrote:

Thanks 4PP!

Well Holy God!

Sandrine cherie the only way I can be sure you are not my nearest & dearest is the admission of tatoos :lol:

The jerseys? She has them all, from all 4PP, but maybe we are just to old to indulge in body art :wink:

Delighted to hear you love my "home", I do too :happy clapper:

4PP(26)
lol... I am not your other half :wink:
I have a lot of jerseys myself.... and will buy more soon.... :D
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Figured that, she's watching "Le Grand Journal" sur Canal :wink:

Might see you in Monty, Fitzgeralds I believe? :D
grapevine
Beginner

Post by grapevine »

We are 2 people flying from Dublin into Lyon on Friday and home and Sunday. We are hiring a car with Hertz if anyone is interested in sharing the journey and costs. PM if interested.
Snodser
Learner

Post by Snodser »

Last edited by Snodser on November 3rd, 2011, 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avec des si on mettrait Paris en bouteille......................
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

too boring to read so I binned it :roll:
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

Long range forecasts aren't always the most reliable but at the very least it will give you a link to check before you decide what goes into that hand luggage Thursday night :mrgreen:

In any case it won't be cold :green clap: wet maybe, but not cold :mrgreen:

http://france.meteofrance.com/france/me ... lle/341720
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Does anyone know what shirt the team will be wearing next Saturday in Montpellier ?

Its a hard one to figure out, Montpellier wear blue and white colours, and white and blue as second strip.
We wear blue and white, white and blue as a 2nd strip and the new lighter blue and white as a 3rd jersey.

I just don't have a clue and want to make sure im properly attired to support the team !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

ps we also wore green in a friendly in 2010 and didnt we wear pink in a friendly earlier this year !!!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

We're flying with Aer Lingus in Friday, do I need to check-in online and print boarding passes like with Ryanair or do Aer Lingus still have the kiosks we can check-in on by scanning our passports? I've not flown with them in years and didn't select seats when making the booking.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

nc6000 wrote:We're flying with Aer Lingus in Friday, do I need to check-in online and print boarding passes like with Ryanair or do Aer Lingus still have the kiosks we can check-in on by scanning our passports? I've not flown with them in years and didn't select seats when making the booking.
Kiosks are still there. Prefer them to print outs. Now down to 30 seconds from reaching Kiosk to getting my boarding card.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
4PP
Learner

Post by 4PP »

bails wrote:Does anyone know what shirt the team will be wearing next Saturday in Montpellier ?

Its a hard one to figure out, Montpellier wear blue and white colours, and white and blue as second strip.
We wear blue and white, white and blue as a 2nd strip and the new lighter blue and white as a 3rd jersey.

I just don't have a clue and want to make sure im properly attired to support the team !
Just make some noise whatever the colour :green clap:

"Bleu" or "Blue" will definitely be "the" colour. Both sides home strips are too close to imagine they will both field them. I'm thinking Leinster will have to opt for the predominatly white away strip.
I'm just slipping on the "Green" jersey, make life easier, & stand out in a field of bleu :mrgreen: . I'm not worried about being in the middle of Monty supporters.

As long as you stay alert (particuarilly outside the stade) & be mindfull of any chav types in hoodies, baseball caps & a suntan you'll be fine :wink: .

EDIT: Btw the "fleurs de cistes" will be out in force, in bleu :wink:
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Tres excellente (or something!) Is it near an Irish pub that may show the soccer on Friday?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Tres excellente (or something!) Is it near an Irish pub that may show the soccer on Friday?
Think Fitzpatricks is close to Place de la Comedie.

Can anyone find the OLSC away guide. Said in the Leinster squad announcement that it's up on the Leinster site but I can't find it.