saturday 23rd febuary selections

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

beaker1
Learner

saturday 23rd febuary selections

Post by beaker1 »

2:35 Fairyhouse – Attheraces Bobbyjo Chase

This should prove a very informative race looking ahead to the Grand National and my fancy is QUITO DE LA ROQUE. On his day he is top class and has won 7 of his 12 starts over fences. In 2011 he beat Sizing Europe at Down Royal and this season he ran a pleasing race their behind Kauto Stone and First Lieutenant on his seasonal debut. The form of that race was boosted when First Lieutenant ran so well in the Hennessy and the Lexus and Quito De La Roque has won well since. Last time out, over an inadequate trip, he stayed on well to beat Roi du Mee in testing ground and on the same terms, over this trip, I expect him to win again and he should be hard to beat.

3:50 Kempton – Racing Plus Chase

ROLLING ACES is one of the `On the up’ horse and has done us proud this season, improving from a mark of 128 to 149. He is at his all-time high rating now and it will not be easy, but he is improving rapidly and connections are confident of a bold show in this. The form of his point-to-point debut looks better all the time, now that Rocky Creek has won a Grade Two contest over fences and the form of his success at Ascot has worked out extremely well, with several future winners coming out of the race. It is also worth noting that he beat Opening Batsman by 11 lengths at Wincanton over Christmas and that horse won next time out. Ruby Walsh is in the saddle and he should run a big race. At a bigger price, I really like DUKE OF LUCCA. He was a fair hurdler (rated 149 at his peak) and progressed well over fences last season, winning three times and was also second in the Grade Two Pendil Chase held on this card last year. He has a strong preference for decent ground, so the recent drying conditions are very much in his favour. He ran a good race on his seasonal debut, finishing second to Roberto Goldback on ground softer than ideal, but is 9 pounds better off in this, so is fancied to turn the tables. He struggled in the Hennessy, but again the ground was too soft and now races from a four pounds lower mark, so he has a lot in his favour. A rating of just 140 looks fair and I am sure he is a better horse than that, so odds of 12/1 look too good to resist.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: saturday 23rd febuary selections

Post by Donny B. »

You broke my heart last week Beaker..... :( :( , but I'll give you one more chance this week. :D
beaker1
Learner

Post by beaker1 »

you know it makes sense donny
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The really sad thing is I don't have enough sense to know either way, but what the hell,... :-)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I'm just going to do a small win bet on your outsider in the 3.50. These fecking accumulators things never work out for me anyway.

The way I like it i: long-odds, small bet. It comes in? Nice few quid. It loses? Ah well, nothing much lost.

That's the way I work at Cheltenham too. Generally won't back anything less than 7/1.

In fairness, I'm only in for the laugh and to have an interest, so I'm cool with that,
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I went for 3 singles and 1 double.

If these fail, beaker1, you can make your way to http://www.munsterfans.com/forum.php. They like supporting teams and runners who finish 6th down there
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote:I went for 3 singles and 1 double.

If these fail, beaker1, you can make your way to http://www.munsterfans.com/forum.php. They like supporting teams and runners who finish 6th down there
http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22352

Recycling jokes now I see, how environmentally friendly of you! :-)
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

QUITO DE LA ROQUE is a non runner.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
beaker1
Learner

Post by beaker1 »

you say i can make my way to the other site ect but you didnt say that when i gave my first lot of tips up when they won,your off your head lol
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Good performance into second place.
Looked the better of two for a long time.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Heard a 12-1 long shot had won the 3.50 at Kempton, but unfortunately wasn't my one.

ROLLING ACES 2nd

DUKE OF LUCCA 3rd
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22352

Recycling jokes now I see, how environmentally friendly of you! :-)
It's not a joke. It's a threat. You know all about threatening people I see :lol:
beaker1 wrote:you say i can make my way to the other site ect but you didnt say that when i gave my first lot of tips up when they won,your off your head lol
I failed tl take advantage of those. This was my first time. Anyway you won me a few € so you're welcome to stay for now :wink: Pressure is on!!