Pacquiao v Bradley

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Pacquiao v Bradley

Post by cwebber82 »

Did anybody see the fight last night? The fight was not even close. Pacquiao won by a wide margin yet Bradley "won" by split decision.

Does anybody take professional boxing seriously anymore? Cant help but think there was something sinister going on last night.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Pacquiao v Bradley

Post by hugonaut »

cwebber82 wrote:Did anybody see the fight last night? The fight was not even close. Pacquiao won by a wide margin yet Bradley "won" by split decision.

Does anybody take professional boxing seriously anymore? Cant help but think there was something sinister going on last night.
Dan Rafael of ESPN said it was an inexplicable decision alright. I had heard Bradley was a threat, but the couple of reports that I've read said that while he looked good at times in the fight, it should have been impossible for the judges to give it to him.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Re: Pacquiao v Bradley

Post by cwebber82 »

I stayed up to watch it. Didn't start till 5:15am because Pacquiao wanted to watch the basketball. Pacquiao had Bradley doing a riverdance impression from rounds 2 to 6. Eased up in the second half of the fight but still won well. Worst decision I have ever seen in professional boxing. It was not even close.

Thing is, it puts the Pacquiao v Mayweather fight even more unlikely ever to happen. No wonder people have lost interest in professional boxing.