2014 Soccer World Cup Qualifiers

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 2014 Soccer World Cup Qualifiers

Post by meinster »

It's a tough call trying to figure out which is more boring. A pedantic/petty squabble, or the discussion of Irish soccer's fortune that precedes it!

In a meek attempt to drag it back on topic; with all the talk of the costs of firing Trapp being prohibitive, would it not be the norm to have performance-related clauses in a manager's contract? I always assumed any pay off was an agreement to avoid the costs of dismissal (and the legal costs of defending that). Surely a 4 year contract is not an unconditional right to stay in the job for that length without any get-out clause?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Logorrhea wrote:Nahh I'm grand thanks. Maybe you should read what you type before hitting the submit button?

Maybe....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

meinster wrote:It's a tough call trying to figure out which is more boring. A pedantic/petty squabble, or the discussion of Irish soccer's fortune that precedes it!

In a meek attempt to drag it back on topic; with all the talk of the costs of firing Trapp being prohibitive, would it not be the norm to have performance-related clauses in a manager's contract? I always assumed any pay off was an agreement to avoid the costs of dismissal (and the legal costs of defending that). Surely a 4 year contract is not an unconditional right to stay in the job for that length without any get-out clause?

You're quite correct of course....but this is the FAI we're dealing with.......and the fact that Delaney has that CEO position sewn up means it's very unlikely we'll see anyone from within challenge or question the status quo. A real shame as we've the best part of a qualification campaign left to give valuable competitive gametime to the fringe/up-and-coming brigade.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

meinster wrote: would it not be the norm to have performance-related clauses in a manager's contract?
I would say he definitely has performance related clauses in his contract.

I would also suggest that 6 points from the first three games is bang on target.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:Nahh I'm grand thanks. Maybe you should read what you type before hitting the submit button?

Maybe....
Stick him on ignore. It works for me Nelly.
3 Gold Stars
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

sarah_lennon wrote:
meinster wrote: would it not be the norm to have performance-related clauses in a manager's contract?
I would say he definitely has performance related clauses in his contract.

I would also suggest that 6 points from the first three games is bang on target.
Very true. It's a good return but I suspect we'll get hammered by both Sweden and Austria. Doubt he'll see out the whole campaign.
3 Gold Stars