Craig Doyle - lucky bas or wha?

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Craig Doyle - lucky bas or wha?

Post by Sea_point »

Cheers S_R

No offence taken. It'll be an interesting off season for us, hopefully we'll see some big changes off the park this summer. After another very dissapointing season where yet again we've shown that we can compete (just not consistently) if the Connacht Branch are serious about pro-rugby in the province a few of them will have to fall on their swords and make way for a small efficient totally professional management team.

Am pleased that seven of our guys, plus some old boys (McCormack and Browne) are heading over to the Churchill Cup. It'll be good experience for the likes of Hearty (who's been excellent all year), Fogarty, Gannon & Muldoon. And if the Eoghan Hickey rumour is true (the CB having announced nothing as per usual) then he'll benefit from the experience too...
sexy_rexy wrote:
Sea_point wrote: 1966, forty years ago lads, would ya ever build a bridge..... :lol:

Some teams and their supporters are so insecure that they have to hang on to past glories! :wink:

Well done on the boys in green finishing on a high by the way Seapoint,I know this will sound like a slag, but it isn't, it was good to see them finsh off the bottom of the table, roll on next season!
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

He's covering for Johnny Vaughan on Capital's Breakfast Show this week, damn good fist of it he's making too, naturally funny guy...
ckav wrote:He's a funny bloke too. Was MC at the IRUPA player of the year dinner recently. Very witty, and very un p.c. A good larf. (Cheers again, El Diablo!)
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
1966, forty years ago lads, would ya ever build a bridge..... :lol:
DC Shock Retro pop quiz

"Going up and over, over the bridge."

Song and Artist please
Cactus World News wasn't it?
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
1966, forty years ago lads, would ya ever build a bridge..... :lol:
DC Shock Retro pop quiz

Song and Artist please
Well done Your Grace
I have Bumbleflex
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: DC Shock Retro pop quiz

Song and Artist please
Well done Your Grace

Was the song simply entitled 'the Bridge'? It would be very 1980's if it was.

Never really liked CWN to be honest. Into Paradise were always my favourite of the 'New U2s'.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Sea_point wrote:Cheers S_R

No offence taken. It'll be an interesting off season for us, hopefully we'll see some big changes off the park this summer. After another very dissapointing season where yet again we've shown that we can compete (just not consistently) if the Connacht Branch are serious about pro-rugby in the province a few of them will have to fall on their swords and make way for a small efficient totally professional management team.

Am pleased that seven of our guys, plus some old boys (McCormack and Browne) are heading over to the Churchill Cup. It'll be good experience for the likes of Hearty (who's been excellent all year), Fogarty, Gannon & Muldoon. And if the Eoghan Hickey rumour is true (the CB having announced nothing as per usual) then he'll benefit from the experience too...
sexy_rexy wrote:
Sea_point wrote: 1966, forty years ago lads, would ya ever build a bridge..... :lol:

Some teams and their supporters are so insecure that they have to hang on to past glories! :wink:

Well done on the boys in green finishing on a high by the way Seapoint,I know this will sound like a slag, but it isn't, it was good to see them finsh off the bottom of the table, roll on next season!

Takes a lot to offend Seapoint.

Now.....Connacht. Time to disband them don't you think? :twisted:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote: Cactus World News wasn't it?
Well done Your Grace

Never really liked CWN to be honest. Into Paradise were always my favourite of the 'New U2s'.
Didn't like Into Paradise - singer's voice wrecked my head.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Eve wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Well done Your Grace

And this from a Wedding Present fanatic! :lol:

His voice wasn't that bad. On a scale of between 1 and JJ72, it was a 6 at most.

I don't think any of this should really be in this thread by the way. :wink:

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Eve wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:

And this from a Wedding Present fanatic! :lol:

His voice wasn't that bad. On a scale of between 1 and JJ72, it was a 6 at most.

I don't think any of this should really be in this thread by the way. :wink:
Fock it!

Churchtown was a class album
I have Bumbleflex
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Easy Flash

Or I might take to disbanding you..... :twisted:

You're such a wag... (yep spelt that right....)... :wink:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Sea_point wrote:Cheers S_R

sexy_rexy wrote:

Takes a lot to offend Seapoint.

Now.....Connacht. Time to disband them don't you think? :twisted:
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

One of the first albums I ever bought. £3.99 on cassette in Golden Discs. :D

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duke Raoul wrote:One of the first albums I ever bought. £3.99 on cassette in Golden Discs. :D
Jaysus!
I have Bumbleflex
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:One of the first albums I ever bought. £3.99 on cassette in Golden Discs. :D
Jaysus!
Believe me not everything I bought back then is as easy to stand over. The Simple Minds obsession for instance... :oops:

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Jaysus!
Believe me not everything I bought back then is as easy to stand over. The Simple Minds obsession for instance... :oops:
I had one of those too...I also had a thing for Jim Kerr once. Oh, the follies of youth... :oops:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Jaysus!
Everyone went through one of those, even groovy mofos like me!
I have Bumbleflex