for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Re: Cricket 2009

Post by thecoolfreak »

West Brit wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:And thats how its done , Eoin Morgan take a bow
Eoin Morgan again!! Don't tell me England are going to get out of their group.
They are already out of it (the group that is). Great performance from Eoin again
Last edited by thecoolfreak on September 28th, 2009, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

I don't know where England have found this form from.

Also, controversial by Strauss to not allow Smith a runner, but I'm glad he said no. Too many people have been allowed runners just because they're cramping (or fat - I'm looking at you here Arjuna Ranatunga), which I really don't think is a good enough excuse.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

West Brit wrote:I don't know where England have found this form from.

Also, controversial by Strauss to not allow Smith a runner, but I'm glad he said no. Too many people have been allowed runners just because they're cramping (or fat - I'm looking at you here Arjuna Ranatunga), which I really don't think is a good enough excuse.
I dont know where eoin morgan found this form! Great start to the season but dipped heavily in the middle and towards the end.

As West Brit alluded to, you dont get a runner for being a fat, unfit b$&%@#d!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

RIP David Sheppard. A true gentleman of the game. :cry:

The number 111 will never be the same.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

West Brit wrote:RIP David Sheppard. A true gentleman of the game. :cry:

The number 111 will never be the same.
Absolutely, great guy. Thought he'd be around a good while longer, but the big C took him early.
Just not the same game without Dickie Bird and Shep at one end...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Re: Cricket 2010

Post by Slipper1 »

BBC Sport wrote: Alastair Cook hails Eoin Morgan's brilliant ODI century

Cook shared 40 with Morgan before his colleague finished the match in style

England captain Alastair Cook saluted Eoin Morgan's magnificent century which guided the tourists to a two-wicket series clinching win over Bangladesh.

"It got a bit close for our liking but Eoin came in with a fantastic knock and deserved to win the game," he said.

"He was calm under pressure and then dominated in the powerplay - it was a fantastic knock."

The final match is on Friday and Cook added: "We can't let our foot off the gas, we have to try to win 3-0."

Cook made the fastest fifty of the match, firing 60 from 61 balls on the day after he was left out of England's provisional 30-man squad for the forthcoming World Twenty20.

He chose not to dwell on his omission but said of his team's display: "There are always areas to improve but when you chase down 260 on a turning wicket you have to be pleased with yourselves."

Morgan, meanwhile, revealed he was unaware of the moment he reached three figures, due to a combination of subdued home supporters and technical deficiencies in the scorebox.

"I didn't actually know I'd reached a hundred, the scoreboard was a bit slow but I'll take it," he said.

"We stuck to our guns, the plan was to take it to the last over and use the short boundary and it worked well. We're delighted with the win.

"It's about sticking to your plan and knowing your areas, your strengths and being confident with them.

"Treddy (James Tredwell) wasn't nervous at all on his debut. He was very calm, got me on strike and I managed to take advantage."

Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan, who claimed his best figures against England with 3-32, said: "When they lost eight wickets we thought it was our best chance to pick up a win, but Morgan stood tall.

"I thought we batted really well but Morgan played really well according to his plan and full credit to him."
Get in the f%~king bag.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Re: Cricket 2010

Post by Mauler »

Agg-a-lag-a-gee. Agg-a-lag-a-Joe. C.U.S. C.U.S Go Go Go!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Great innings by young Eoin. It was perfectly timed, even if I thought he'd waited too long before using the powerplay. Still, it was only against Bangladesh who are pretty dire so I don't see a test spot opening for him any time soon.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

West Brit wrote:Great innings by young Eoin. It was perfectly timed, even if I thought he'd waited too long before using the powerplay. Still, it was only against Bangladesh who are pretty dire so I don't see a test spot opening for him any time soon.
I was reading the live text on BBC yesterday. He finished off with a six! Morgan is playing well at the moment in this format. I hope the security issues in the IPL don't deprive him of this chance to play in front of huge cricket mad crowds